Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain this!!!!!!

Options
  • 14-04-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭

Just remembered this earlier and still to this day I have no idea how it bloody got there :pac:

When I was 16 I was working in the Deli department of Dunnes Stores and one day i was 'facing off' the products (aka, making them look neat) and I came across a carton of soup. So I grab it with the idea of bringing it back to the soup isle. But I look at it and it was a Roches Stores branded soup :confused: ... in dunnes stores .... on the shelf of dunnes stores. So I bring it to the manager and he too was like "how the **** did that get here?" :pac:

The dunnes i worked for was in a shopping centre and on the other side of the centre was a Roches Stores food court. But HOW in the hell did it get there lol.

Enlighten me with your theories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Teleportation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

Tis just mad Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Maybe it flew using its souper powers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Maybe it flew using its souper powers?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Ah "facing off", thems were the days....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The soups are probably made up in the same factory along with soups for a few other customers.

Someone on the packing line was just taking the p1ss when they changed around a couple of packets out of boredom. They probably hoped to change some random persons life by doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

A dyslexic person brought it back to the shop after they realised they meant to get alphabet soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Shoplifter preferred dunnes stores brand

In a taste test

Maybe there were soupernatural forces at work??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

We should discount any soupernatural explanation, surely it was simply broth there by a person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Some one swapped to prove how much of a mad bastard they were.

Y.O.L.O

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Someone bought it in Roches, then went to Dunnes and decided the soup there was nicer so did a little sneaky switch.

I worked in the accessories/shoes section of Dunnes. People used to do sneaky switches with Dunnes runners/shoes and their own manky shoes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Id imagine something similar to this character

Someone was obviously carton soup around and potting it where it didn't belong. Deli be a simple explanation no doubt. I doubt it was a case of tran-soup-stantiation anyway.

:pac: aaahhh stttop, will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Larianne wrote: »
    People used to do sneaky switches with Dunnes runners/shoes and their own manky shoes. :(
    A sneaky sneaker switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PrincessPreach

I put it there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Was this on "Arthur C Clark's Mysterious World" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I didn't realise Roches ever had a food department.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I didn't realise Roches ever had a food department.

They sure did :)
    Towards the end Super-Valu took over their food courts. While Roches Stores would sell it's clothing line in the same store. Debenhams eventually bought out Roches Stores in 2006. Thus ending any retail chains that had food courts. All chains were then rebranded as the Debenhams we know now.

• Advertisement

They sure did :)
    Towards the end Super-Valu took over their food courts. While Roches Stores would sell it's clothing line in the same store. Debenhams eventually bought out Roches Stores in 2006. Thus ending any retail chains that had food courts. All chains were then rebranded as the Debenhams we know now.
    All well and good, but how did that rogue soup get there, eh? Let's stay focussed.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

There's a precedent for soup making people go wander:

http://metro.co.uk/2012/05/08/row-over-cold-soup-leaves-husband-stranded-in-frozen-forest-for-a-month-417053/
    Yuri Ticuic must have wished he hadn’t bothered bringing it up at all after complaining to his wife after she served him up a bowl of cold soup.

And his wife must have feared he had left her for good after he failed to return for over a month having inadvertently walked deep into the heart of a dense woodland.
    [\quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

'splain it to me, Lucy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Could have been someone just taking the piss and luckily it attracted your attention.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It would only be weird if it was the same type of soup. Like garlic and bacon soup or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Maybe it didnt want to be there for starters and it reached boiling point cause it didnt want to end up in the stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

The Illuminati

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You abandoned your facing off duties just because of a tin of Roches stores soup? You're what's wrong with this country. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I worked in a Supervalu and I remember a global incident occurred because someone found a packet of Centra nappies in amongst the Pampers. Think they used the same delivery company, or were they just all the one crowd anyway? I never found out. That's how much I cared about my high powered retail monkey position.

Advertisement