Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my first tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

zman17 wrote: »
    yes i could see that happening, everyone wondering who the band is etc.. could be irritating after a while. im not keen on colours, i just like black ink

I've actually never heard of the band, but do they have any interesting artwork on their single/s or album sleeves? You could take inspiration from something like that. Any good tattoo artist can look at a piece of art and adapt it to suit what you want, (just using black ink, for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If you have enjoyed the act for a long time then go for it. I have a Pink Floyd piece on my leg and have been fan for almost 20 years now, but I think to some band tattoos I considered getting before and Im glad I didn't, cause I don't enjoy their music as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I have a Lady Gaga tattoo :cool: - have it almost two years and don't regret it. Going to add to it as well.

Thing is, I didn't get her name, or her face or anything like that. I came up with my own design and incorporated different aspects of her I love and made them into a tattoo I love. I wanted to make sure I'd always like the design in case the unwanted was to happen.

It's on my back and covered up 90% of the time but anytime it is uncovered I always get questions and compliments about it. A lot of the time people don't know it's Lady Gaga themed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Himself wants to get this at some point.

ali7.jpg

He is a HUGE fan. He also wants to get a Cherie Currie tattoo at some point. He was thinking about getting Alison on his other side but since he's had his right side finished, he's been thinking about carrying something from that over to the left side so he'll probably get Alison on one leg and the Cherie Currie tat on the other leg, musical thing.

I am a huge Daft Punk fan and I would like to get something Daft Punk related tattooed on me somewhere but I'm still in the middle of getting my right leg finished so I've plenty of time to think about that.

Like has been said, I personally wouldn't get a band name but I would get some band artwork, like someone else suggested. Good luck with whatever you decide, and don't forget, your artist choice is equally as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zman17

Maire2009 wrote: »
    I didn't get her name, or her face or anything like that. I came up with my own design and incorporated different aspects of her I love and made them into a tattoo I love. I

sounds like a cool tattoo:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

zman17 wrote: »
    sounds like a cool tattoo:)

Depends what you're into :)

271110_1454817425991_5355761_n.jpg

Advertisement