Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my first tattoo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭ger34

a

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

Right off the bat, would not recommend a tattoo of any band. No matter how much you love em now, tastes may change.
    Same as getting a girl/boy friend's name tattooed, you might regret it
    As a tattoo itself, you could do a lot worse

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

What if you get sick of the band after a few years, don't want to be a downer but it could happen. Was getting a tattoo done years ago and seen a young lad asking for Tupac Shakurs face to be tattooed on his arm.

The owner talked him out of it, I'd say hes thankful now. Tatoo's are good but I'd always avoid getting any kind of logo done.

Unless your a member of the band, that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

As above I wouldn't be a big fan of getting band tattoos but I was you I'd be thinking about getting it higher up the arm as I think you could fit it really snugly into the curve at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 zman17

thanks for the feedback guys, its all appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I'm gonna agree with the above sentiments of not wanting to get bands names tattooed. I know they'll always hold a certain meaning to you, but taste can change an awful lot. I'm a big music aficionado and my music taste drastically changed last year, even though I was a really big fan of my previous taste in bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

As was said above, I wouldnt get a band tattooed on me unless I have been listening to them for a very, very long time. Also I would like to say that when choosing who you want to tattoo you, do not take the decision lightly, shop around and look at lots of different tattoo artists portfolios. I made the mistake of not shopping around for my first tattoo and regretted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭cosbloodymick

zman17 wrote: »
    finally iv picked out what tattoo i want, iv been wanting one for a few years. im just looking for peoples honest opinion before i go get it done in a few months time(to be sure to be sure). i will ask my friends etc but sometimes people are more honest online.

So the tattoo is the logo for my fav band and the 3 links are all pretty much the same. but what looks the best. im 25 by the way.

This is there logo
    (http://www.myspace.com/hilltophoods/photos/3736627#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A3736627%7D[/URL]

(A)
    i might it on my lower arm somewhere.
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429994_10151127268566359_1980142359_n.jpg[/URL]

(B)
    This here but the same size as (A)? https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541124_10151127272221359_105450495_n.jpg[/URL]

If you could just say A OR B or even say none, it looks stupid, thanks for reading

Don't get a tattoo. If you do you will regret it later in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Don't get a tattoo. If you do you will regret it later in life.

This is entirely untrue.

Get a tattoo, they are awesome...

Something tells me cosbloodymick only says this because he regrets his "Daniel O'Donnell '87 Tour" chest piece tattoos...

I love my tattoos, and I don't know one person who would say they don't. (Apart from Daniel O'Donnell fans)

brianblaze wrote: »
    This is entirely untrue.

Get a tattoo, they are awesome...

Something tells me cosbloodymick only says this because he regrets his "Daniel O'Donnell '87 Tour" chest piece tattoos...

I love my tattoos, and I don't know one person who would say they don't. (Apart from Daniel O'Donnell fans)

The day will come when you will be sorry you ever got them. It may not be today or tomorrow, but it will come.

• Advertisement

I'll post here in 50 years and we'll see....
    I bet you a billion Euro I won't....

http://i.imgur.com/zwJ5j.jpg

This guy doesn't, and he's awesome

brianblaze wrote: »
    I'll post here in 50 years and we'll see....

http://i.imgur.com/r4R2z.jpg

I bet you a billion Euro I won't....

Unfortunately I won't be around in 50 years time to collect my winnings :)
    Classy pictures btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The day will come when you will be sorry you ever got them. It may not be today or tomorrow, but it will come.

Can I have the lotto numbers since you know everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Getting back on topic, while I myself wouldn't get a band logo tattoo'd, I can completely see why you want to. If you genuinely feel like this a band you will still love as much in 5, 10, 60 years from now, then go for it. I'd go for the 1st one, the 2nd one is very big!

Have you thought of maybe getting a song lyric that you find particularly relevant to your life rather than the logo? That's the road I'm going down.

Unfortunately I won't be around in 50 years time to collect my winnings :)
    Classy pictures btw.

Why would anyone regret getting a tattoo? It's a reminder of a time in your life when you wanted one. So just remember when you were that guy at the Daniel O'Donnell concert with pride, and don't give advice on something you clearly know nothing about! (Your only post in a forum about tattoos is 'Don't get one')

Back on topic. OP, get the tatt, even if you hate them in twenty years, you'll remember when you loved them and why and that'll be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So you think it's better to live life without regrets?
    If you have no regrets you'll never learn and if you never learn then your not living
    I have 2 tattoos I regret and only because I'd rather get something else instead but sure I learned by this to think tattoos thru a lot more than I did when I first got them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

i smell a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Syllabus wrote: »
    i smell a troll

Yet you didn't report the post?

cosbloodymick - Warning issued. If you're so against tattoos, maybe this forum isn't for you.

Yet you didn't report the post?

cosbloodymick - Warning issued. If you're so against tattoos, maybe this forum isn't for you.

Do I HAVE to report:confused:

i'm fully aware that freedom of speech is a big no-no on this site but the freedom of choice too:rolleyes:

Do I HAVE to report:confused:

i'm fully aware to freedom of speech is a big no-no on this site but the freedom of choice too:rolleyes:

How can issues be addressed if moderators are not made aware of the issue?
    We're not omnipresent, so rather than just trying to call someone out on thread, it's best to let the moderators know so that they can deal with it.

• Advertisement

minihey wrote: »
    shop around and look at lots of different tattoo artists portfolios.

yes sounds like a smart thing to do. its permanent so id want it to be done by the best not a rookie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amya

finally iv picked out what tattoo i want, iv been wanting one for a few years. im just looking for peoples honest opinion before i go get it done in a few months time(to be sure to be sure). i will ask my friends etc but sometimes people are more honest online.

So the tattoo is the logo for my fav band and the 3 links are all pretty much the same. but what looks the best. im 25 by the way.

This is there logo
    (http://www.myspace.com/hilltophoods/photos/3736627#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A3736627%7D[/URL]

(A)
    i might it on my lower arm somewhere.
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429994_10151127268566359_1980142359_n.jpg[/URL]

(B)
    This here but the same size as (A)? https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/541124_10151127272221359_105450495_n.jpg[/URL]

If you could just say A OR B or even say none, it looks stupid, thanks for reading

just make sure its what you really want. i think B, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 30 minihey

yes sounds like a smart thing to do. its permanent so id want it to be done by the best not a rookie

Whereabouts are you situated? you might be able to get some recommendations on where to go and where to avoid. If you're in Galway, I would check out Steve Kennedy and Nancy Klein from Galway Bay Tattoo.

im in donegal but its not like i dont get about, i would go out of my way for the right artist. im in no hurry to find a good one, thanks for the recomendation btw

How can issues be addressed if moderators are not made aware of the issue?
    We're not omnipresent, so rather than just trying to call someone out on thread, it's best to let the moderators know so that they can deal with it.

where's the fun in that?

where's the fun in that?

Who said it was for you to have fun with?
    If you want to continue this, take it to PM, and stop trying to drag this off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Hilltop Hoods only had one good song - get a lyric from Nosebleed Section instead of the logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I would echo what the other posters say, and don't get a tattoo of a band logo/ name. Regardless of how much you love the band now, your taste will change. I was a big fan of rap, and was very close to getting a lyric/ name of a song tattooed on me. I decided against it, although I still love rap music, I am glad I didn't commit to it for the rest of my life. I have three tattoos of symbols that mean something privately to me. Noone will recognise what they mean from what they are and I love that. If you get that logo, people will constantly ask what it says/ "who are the band?"/ "what do they sing?"/ "never heard of them!". This will get old, and you will have to put up with it FOREVER! Or until you pay loads of money to get it covered up with another tattoo.

Additionally, I actually don't like the tattoo. It isn't interesting or aestheically beautiful.

yes i could see that happening, everyone wondering who the band is etc.. could be irritating after a while. im not keen on colours, i just like black ink

• Advertisement

ElleEm wrote: »

Additionally, I actually don't like the tattoo. It isn't interesting or aestheically beautiful.

thanks for your honest opinion, i dont want people saying they dont like it ONLY after i get it done

Advertisement