Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbus to trim plane window seat size and widen others

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

I think submarine style bunk beds would be great. Think of all the room for activities!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Arpa wrote: »
    Don't see the big issue with the upright seats. Cabin crew are constantly walking up and down the aisle trying to sell us crap even when the pilot has turned on the seatbelt sign. I don't see how cabin crew are naturally better talented at balancing than myself. Because you wear a blue or orange uniform doesn't mean you have graduated from the moscow state ballet and are therefore better able to maintain your footing during turbulence. If it's cheaper for short hops, I don't mind standing. If you've been on a Dublin bus during rush hour, then I think it's far more dangerous...also because of the reluctance to hold the germ infested handrails.

The fasten seat belt sign is turned on for other reasons than turbulence. In my experience it is also turned on when the cockpit door will be opened for the pilots tea or coffee or if they need to use the toilet. For security reasons I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

jsd1004 wrote: »
    The fasten seat belt sign is turned on for other reasons than turbulence. In my experience it is also turned on when the cockpit door will be opened for the pilots tea or coffee or if they need to use the toilet. For security reasons I guess

Give them a thermos flask and a bucket...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

stoneill wrote: »
    why do the fat fúckers get the aisle seats? I'll have to climb over them to get to the jacks.

Bring your crampons

stoneill wrote: »
    why do the fat fúckers get the aisle seats? I'll have to climb over them to get to the jacks.

do you really want them climbing over you when they realise they shouldn't have had that indian last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

do you really want them climbing over you when they realise they shouldn't have had that indian last night?

Good lord - vindaloo victim.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

How fat do you have to be to eat a whole Indian person? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭schnitzelEater

Will they make allowances for people who are big boned? Or people whose thyroid problems are responsible?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Can't see this as having much attraction other than for long-haul flights. Certainly in Ryanair's business model, time = money, and the additional hassle and time wasted of organising boarding by window seat first etc would negate any profits to be made by charging some passengers extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

I think people of all sizes would prefer to pay a little extra for a larger seat on a plane.

I've a feeling they'd charge you more than 'a little' extra...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Will they make allowances for people who are big boned? Or people whose thyroid problems are responsible?

'Big boned'? That's bull****... While there are slight variations in people's bone sizes, there is nothing that makes them look bigger or weight significantly more.

Endomorphic body types on the other hand gain fat easily but it's the most common body type anyway.

Advertisement