Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Car of the week right there. Foxhole Norman is already on the way from Cork to dublin to see it I bet!!!!!:pac:

Forgot he was looking for one of them. Appears faultless from the ad. I can delete the post if he wants:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64,900 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's nice, but a lot of miles on that autobox. If it was never serviced (it's one of those ZF "sealed for life" units. The dealer won't touch them), I'm not sure how long it will keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Car of the week right there. Foxhole Norman is already on the way from Cork to dublin to see it I bet!!!!!:pac:

I was looking at that alright a few weeks ago, was bought 2 weeks ago I think and now it's back up with the exact same pictures, a different description and about €500 added on. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That BMW is beautiful. Seems a bit pricey though.

Not a million miles away from bangernomics money for a Focus ST

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-focus-st-170/6796440

28765300.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Was the lad with the 525i taking pics of his odometer at 80mph or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

Was the lad with the 525i taking pics of his odometer at 80mph or am I missing something?

I'd say he's trying to give the impression that it'll do 50mpg at 80mph, and average 42.8mpg. That's a long way from reality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Showing just how stable and straight the tracking is at 80 :D

Could've been something like a GoPro or something mounted to the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

Eireann81 wrote: »
    I'd say he's trying to give the impression that it'll do 50mpg at 80mph, and average 42.8mpg. That's a long way from reality though.
    Showing just how stable and straight the tracking is at 80 :D

Could've been something like a GoPro or something mounted to the dash.

Hopefully it was otherwise what a f**king arsehole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

W123-80's wrote: »
    Rubbish advert
    Tested 03/15
    Leather and auto
    Asking €1450

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-95/6775179

28660229.jpeg

I put that up four days ago.. And its still rubbish .. :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Not Found

The requested URL /cars-for-sale/toyota-synos-paseo-1-5-taxed-and-tested was not found on this server.

Interslice wrote: »
    Not Found

The requested URL /cars-for-sale/toyota-synos-paseo-1-5-taxed-and-tested was not found on this server.

Should be fixed now :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Eireann81 wrote: »

I'd love to see just how long that average was calculated...I reckon for all of 30 seconds. Reset MPG counter, let it give you that crazy reading, take picture and watch it plummet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭almostover

Had 2 of these myself when I was a student. Very reliable old bus. This one looks clean and low mileage.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-mitsubishi-carisma-long-nct/6782145

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://www.adverts.ie/car/subaru/impreza/low-price-must-sell/5271691

03 Impreza.
    Booked in for NCT according to the description.

€1800.

MjcxOTQ4MGEyMDIyMjA0NjJhNzUyOTI0N2ZmMGIxNjL9Utn2GoyJfzsFqKK2jfnTaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZDkxM2FhZWE5N2M1NThkZDE0ODQ1Y2QwNGFkNDZmN2YxMTQxMjQxOGE3YTNmZGFjOWFjNmZmMzQwYzY0ZDQ2MC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9jYXItaW1hZ2UuanBnfA==.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

almostover wrote: »
    Had 2 of these myself when I was a student. Very reliable old bus. This one looks clean and low mileage.

If they were so reliable, why did you need two?
    That's not a dig at you, I'm just genuinely curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

If they were so reliable, why did you need two?
    That's not a dig at you, I'm just genuinely curious.

Now this is just a shot in the dark here, but not everyone keeps one car for life :P

almostover wrote: »

I think they are a poor enough car. They aren't that well built imo and they are not that nice to drive which is in no small part to do with the horrible renault gearbox in them.

IMO they are no where near as well built as a corolla despite what the ad claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In fairness, the mitsubishi gearbox you'd get in a 00 Lancer is horrid, vague and tractor-like distances between gears

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Interslice wrote: »

That is seriously cool, if I had the cash I'd be right there.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    In fairness, the mitsubishi gearbox you'd get in a 00 Lancer is horrid, vague and tractor-like distances between gears

The gearbox in the lancer is a much nicer, much smoother box than the one in the carisma, which is mushy and horrible like what's in Renaults of the late 90's. The reverse gear is also up to the left with a lever having to be pulled for it to be engaged.

The lancer is a better car imo.

They're both 'meh' tbh. I find 00 lancers seriously outdated and horrific inside and out - being little more than a revamp of the 91 model. (We didn't get the proper 00 model till 2003) At least the carisma was some way up to date at the time.

A lift-up reverse is hardly a minus point?

They're both 'meh' tbh. I find 00 lancers seriously outdated and horrific inside and out - being little more than a revamp of the 91 model. (We didn't get the proper 00 model till 2003) At least the carisma was some way up to date at the time.

A lift-up reverse is hardly a minus point?

No but litteraly no Japanese cars had it in that location.

While the lancer is dated, its still a better made car in comparison to a car is a imo.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    No but litteraly no Japanese cars had it in that location.

Corolla G6 had.
    Levin BZR too.

WP_000767.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

CianRyan wrote: »
    That is seriously cool, if I had the cash I'd be right there.

Has been for sale for a while now, all his cars seem to have "just 2000km since last nct"

• Registered Users Posts: 64,900 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Corolla G6 had.

The only interesting thing about that car was that it had 6 forward gears :D

unkel wrote: »
    The only interesting thing about that car was that it had 6 forward gears :D

They did a special edition with 6 spoke alloys and a 6 cd changer

Wait. You're right.

C0N0R wrote: »
    Has been for sale for a while now, all his cars seem to have "just 2000km since last nct"

Not sure what to make of the ads. As with all these things you have go for a look and a drive and compare it to statements in the ad particularly this one.
    Complete engine rebuild, coilovers all round, dropped onto 17s, uprated brakes and suspension, full stainless steel exhaust system, new exedy racing clutch, no expense spared

Corolla G6 had.
    Levin BZR too.

The carisma is a 5 speed. I was strictly speaking about 5 speed boxes. I should of made that clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

one from my personal watchlist if it checks out should provide years of fun reliable motoring- the guy is a dealer and this is his cheapest car at $550 i still cant fecking afford it:D

http://www.adverts.ie/car/saab/9000/1997-saab-900-for-sale/5181817

New nct 2015,Taxed 05-14,Complete service history,Full leather interior,Heated seats ,Four electric windows ,Two keys ,Alloy wheels

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement