Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An alternative way of banking

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Would this not be a regulation issue rather than the system itself? Corruption would be prevalent in any system you would care to create, unfortunate fact of life.

yes but the complexity of modern banks facilitate corruption.making banks more transparent would help reduce the amount of corruption. reinstalling the glass steagall act would go a long way to tackling this.it wouldn't sort out all the problems but it would reduce a lot of the systematic risk

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

IM0 wrote: »
    so in short you have no alternative!

I mentioned two and you just tell me then I have none. Its like the haters of the occupy movement who keep insisting they have no solutions.

People would rather stick with the devil they know.

• Site Banned Posts: 85 ✭✭Fr_Fitzexactly

bluewolf wrote: »
    And when they can't pay SW or public workers?

Then they won't get paid, simple as. I dont expect it to happen much because this system will encourage them to be a lot more careful. No more costly white elephant projects commissioned just before election to leave a pile of debt for the next crowd.

Advertisement