Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Practical Papers - Art students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

Does anyone else feel they're neglecting other subjects in favour of the art practicals or is it just me? All this thought and preparation better be worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

It's the same as orals or other practicals - unfortunately they do take up a lot of your time!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Kerbstone wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel they're neglecting other subjects in favour of the art practicals or is it just me? All this thought and preparation better be worth it!!!

I feel like I'm not preparing enough for these, although I did spend all my time on orals. What exactly are you doing in way of preparation?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I haven't done a thing yet besides plan my lino print in my head :P

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Maidhfinden

Jade. wrote: »
    I haven't done a thing yet besides plan my lino print in my head :P

What even is a lino print? :P I'm doing calligraphy, hate prep sheets so much :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I have my link planned and drawn out but we had to order new cutters so I haven't tried it yet :( haven't even got to my imaginative piece...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

I feel like I'm not preparing enough for these, although I did spend all my time on orals. What exactly are you doing in way of preparation?

Just doing my prep sheet, practicing my prelim and really knowing exactly what I'm doing for my print. I don't know about other crafts, but with printing you need to prepare each step!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irejog

Thumbs up if you are doing the block/ lino printing. Are we happy with the themes !?! :-)

Irejog wrote: »
    Thumbs up if you are doing the block/ lino printing. Are we happy with the themes !?! :-)

I'm definitly happy with the theme can do loads with them

Irejog wrote: »

extremely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Poster themes are awful! I actually had some trouble thinking up an idea for my poster!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

user.name wrote: »
    Poster themes are awful! I actually had some trouble thinking up an idea for my poster!

I had so much trouble getting a GOOD idea I swapped to clay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

I'm doing modeling (Clay) but am not really sure what to do in the development sheet for top marks... Should I include colour even if my finished piece doesn't? Could someone help? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

SmidgeBall wrote: »
    I'm doing modeling (Clay) but am not really sure what to do in the development sheet for top marks... Should I include colour even if my finished piece doesn't? Could someone help? Thank you.

Yeah I think you should. My teacher said that if the preliminary sketch shows colour you can still get marked on it even if your finished piece ended up going badly and the colour didn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 5 futurefailure

Only had my French oral on Friday, so I decided to spend just about all my time on that.. Now we're going to do our trial run of the poster tomorrow and I really have no idea what I'm going to do!!

I'd say I'm pretty good, but I'm really slow, so I'll have to pick something simple... Any ideas on any of the poster themes?

SmidgeBall wrote: »

You can put colour in it to show the examiner what you would do maybe if you had the time to paint it etc

Freaking out with my imaginative piece now it's not coming out right and I'm not sure I have enough time to change my piece :/

peekachoo wrote: »
    Freaking out with my imaginative piece now it's not coming out right and I'm not sure I have enough time to change my piece :/

I completely forgot about this section. I've just been thinking about my lino print all the time.

I wish I had time to try out the other options instead of still life. This exam came up way too fast.

I had to put my lino on the backburner coz our school is waiting for new lino cutters or something.
    I had planned to make a comic book strip from the James Bond extract but it's not a style I'm not familiar with.
    I haven't done still life probably since junior cert. IDK what to do now :( not enough time!

The whole thing is stressing me out now! I want to get a B but I know in going to mess it up on the day! :(

• Advertisement

I was aiming for an A originally, got a B3 in the pres because the I got an A in the history and it brought me up, everyone dismisses art as an easy subject but it's my most stressful :(

I completely messed up my mock. Ended up with a C2 it was marked by my teacher though :rolleyes: My whole year are feeling very sorry though for the 7 of us that do art because its matter of taste really when being marked :P

Yeah I know :/ goddang it! :P
    Sure we can only do our best on the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emerb_

Gr8loolz wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what's on the prep sheet and preliminary sheet for screenprinting? also, do you have to draw and cut out the stencils in the exam?

I might be a bit late but for screen printing the prep sheet's the same and prelim sheet's just a drawing of what you plan your final piece to look like and explain where you got your ideas from. I know you have to cut out the stencils in the exam but i'm so confused about drawing them aswell? I had one art teacher who told us we could have the stencils drawn up already but she then had to go on leave and her replacement says we have to draw them up in there. My practical's on friday and I'm slightly freaking out about it, has anyone any clue which one of my teachers is right? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ladymacbeth

Can you put cut outs from magazines and some images from the internet on the research sheet for the poster? My practical is tomorrow!! :S thanks haha :)

When are all your practicals? I'm starting tomorrow, not sure if I'm ready!

My craft is Tuesday then the rest life drawing etc next Thursday! So unprepared!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

Just did the craft today! so much drama in the art room, so weird that it's over though. Still life and life drawing tomorrow...

Anyone doing Lino what size blocks did ye use?

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    Anyone doing Lino what size blocks did ye use?

just slightly larger than a4 but cut it down to a4 size :-)

Advertisement