Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Practical Papers - Art students

Options
  • 11-04-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

As you probably know, Art papers are meant to be distributed on April the 16th to candidates. Our teacher is claiming they won't get them until the 22nd or 23rd.
    However, it distinctly says in Key Dates 2013 that LC art papers will be distributed to candidates:

http://www.examinations.ie/exam/2013_Key_Dates.pdf

Now, I can't understand why this is the case.
    I obviously want as much time as possible to prepare for this exam like everybody else and I will not be letting a teacher dictate when we get the papers if it's inconvenient for them to distribute them a certain day.

That's not fair if it is the case.

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Yep we're getting ours next Tuesday. You should take it up with your teacher and if they say the same, go to the principal. It's only fair you have enough time to prepare!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Our teacher is the same! She made us waste time on some stupid poster and wants us to finish it before giving us our papers, talk about a waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

peekachoo wrote: »
    Yep we're getting ours next Tuesday. You should take it up with your teacher and if they say the same, go to the principal. It's only fair you have enough time to prepare!

Are you actually serious? ..... :confused:
    Peeved is not the word

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

My teacher is saying we won't get ours till the 24th either but I know she will give them out to us if they come Tuesday maybe your teacher is the same having the date wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They will be up on the SEC website once they are sent to the schools.
    They could always make their way here once the official date of release has passed.

• Advertisement

Jade. wrote: »
    My teacher is saying we won't get ours till the 24th either but I know she will give them out to us if they come Tuesday maybe your teacher is the same having the date wrong.

No our teacher is somewhat a casual one. We have one class a week. So, unlikely they'd go out of their way to aid us.

spurious wrote: »
    They will be up on the SEC website once they are sent to the schools.
    They could always make their way here once the official date of release has passed.

Fingers crossed they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Hold on, do you get more than a week to prepare for the practical?!!!!!

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Hold on, do you get more than a week to prepare for the practical?!!!!!

No idea. It's confusing tbh and I can't remember from last time.

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    No idea. It's confusing tbh and I can't remember from last time.

I hope so :)

• Advertisement

Either two or Three weeks I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Gr8loolz

Can anyone tell me what's on the prep sheet and preliminary sheet for screenprinting? also, do you have to draw and cut out the stencils in the exam?

Turns out, I was right. The teacher was wrong.

Solved.

Thanks everybody! :)

Glad to hear!
    Will be a ball of nerves at 9AM tomorrow D:

peekachoo wrote: »
    Glad to hear!
    Will be a ball of nerves at 9AM tomorrow D:

Stop dunno what to expect with craft!!! :confused:

I'll be having nightmares about the life drawing poses. I modelled last year and the poses were HORRIBLE. our teacher says she has a good feeling this year, let's be hopeful anyway :/

Last years were horrible, my pre was horrible so surely that means the life drawing will be a nice one for us?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 iansprojects

The life drawing pose is not bad this year. The only tricky part is a hand holding an apple in front of the head. It mentions "ready to take a bite", i wonder does that mean the mouth should be open?

I have made a handout for my students....
    2013HL30minposeB_zps8869ee83.jpg

Standing pose is alright. Mouth open is really throwing us. I assume the mouth has to be open. It depends on the view, front view the mouth seems to be completely covered by the apple.
    I'm doing 3/4 view as always and I'm not sure what to make of it. :-(
    I'm happy with the imaginative and craft though.
    Ps thanks for the images I'll show them to my teacher tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

What exactly are the life drawing pose's? we only got the Craft/design and still life papers.

• Advertisement

15 min pose;
    Feet slightly apart
    Tee square held diagonally across body
    Left hand holding the bottom of the tee square
    Right hand holding top of tee square with elbow bent, showing four fingers in front and thumb behind tee square
    Head facing left.

30 min pose;
    Legs outstretched and crossed at ankles
    Left hand holding an apple to the mouth ready to bite
    Right hand resting on right thigh
    Head facing forward

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SmidgeBall

Thank you so much! ugh, the life drawing paper is AWFUL! The other papers are quite nice I think though so I guess it evens out.. still I've never drawn someone eating before (Or just about to)

Yeah I'm happy with the other papers. I have a planned imaginative piece done already :)
    Dreading this apple thing before.
    1. Drawing hands is my weakness
    2. I just mastered drawing a closed mouth. An open mouth is the SEC mocking me!

Craft poster isn't the best....

I was LITTERALLY on the verge of crying when I seem the poster themes! The SEC is SOOOOOOOOO CRUEL! They're awful, bloody outright malicious IMO. All the others have lovely themes :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I didn't think many people did the poster, nobody in my school does! But from what I saw I was thinking it was bad :/

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I was LITTERALLY on the verge of crying when I seem the poster themes! The SEC is SOOOOOOOOO CRUEL! They're awful, bloody outright malicious IMO. All the others have lovely themes :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Archaeology and Horticulture. I was like.......right ya....
    Looked at the advertising design too......horrendous.

What is wrong with them?

I'm very happy with everything! Just want my orals out of the way so I can concentrate on this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kerbstone

Just wondering does the mouth have to be open for the Life Drawing? My teacher maintains it can be closed and still "ready to bite"!

• Advertisement

I assumed by "ready to bite" they mean literally about to bite into it so, open I guess? Open to interpretation although I wonder if they could /could not dock marks for having the mouth closed? You never know with those art examiners ;)

Advertisement