Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WildStar

Options
1353637383941»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Dcully wrote: »
    So the game is gone F2P yesterday and im keen to play my toons again but the download links dont seem to be working for me.
    I suspect a dns issue with eircom maybe?
    Any else having issues?
    http://wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com/Wildstar.exe

Worked for me. Uploaded the file to: http://www.filedropper.com/wildstar_9

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No joy, got the file you uploaded ok but doesnt progress from there, think i need a vpn, ****ing eircom.
    Not sure ill bother now, if i cant eve get the client and patch it with eircom i wont be able to play unless using a vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm going to give it a play with some friends I reckon. Have my WoW sub active, but outside of raiding twice a week I don't even log in, so it would be nice to experience leveling in a fresh environment again.

No joy, got the file you uploaded ok but doesnt progress from there, think i need a vpn, ****ing eircom.
    Not sure ill bother now, if i cant eve get the client and patch it with eircom i wont be able to play unless using a vpn.

Log onto your router and change the DNS settings to opendns.

Primary is 208.67.222.222
    secondary is 208.67.220.220.

See if that helps.

Noxin wrote: »
    Log onto your router and change the DNS settings to opendns.

Primary is 208.67.222.222
    secondary is 208.67.220.220.

See if that helps.

I would if i could, router ip is giving me a blank page with just an eircom logo on it :rolleyes:

The gods dont want me to play.

• Advertisement

I would if i could, router ip is giving me a blank page with just an eircom logo on it :rolleyes:

The gods dont want me to play.

restart the router and try a different browser.

Those routers can be bit chy about what browser you use.

else I'd jump onto eircoms live chat and see what they say. Don't have it myself so not sure how their setup works.

OK ive got onto router page via MS edge, ill google where to go from here.
    Thanks a lot for your help mate.

No joy with those settings.

No joy with those settings.

Try the google DNS then -

Tried them earlier too mate :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm just curious how f2p it actually is. There have been some absolutely awful examples of microtransactions in MMO's over the last few years (I'm looking at you The Old Republic! :mad:), so hopefully this isn't one of them.

lol, ok pop back onto the router and make sure ports -TCP 23115 and 24000-24999 are open both inbound and outbound and 6600 is open outbound.

also make sure your PC is not firewalling it. Disable it for a few to test.

Do you get any errors in the patcher?

All okay with pc firewall, turned off firewall in router no joy, tried to forward them ports and getting message about invalid internal server ip address.

On the wildstar launcher it just says failed to connect to patch server blah blah blah.

I give up lol.

Tried adding the host entries mentioned here.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26845-failed-to-connect-to-patch-server

Can't be totally sure of the IP address it stats as that is pretty old but when I ping the name I get IP: 91.202.201.71

so if the first doesn't work, try the second.

Sorted it!
    From the link Noxin posted above, works slightly different in win 10 as in i just searched notepad and then right clicked on it in search results and open as admin, from then on its the same as below.

1. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories

2. Right click Notepad and select Run as administrator

3. Click Continue on the UAC window.

4. When Notepad opens Click File -> Open

5. In the filename field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

6. Click Open (if you have a pop-up window - Open with Notepad)

7. Add this two lines :

174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net
    174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com

Haha now im locked out of my account, google authenticator is attatched and the code the app on my phone is giving me is wrong, lol the gods definitely dont want me to play it :P sent off a ticket.

Haha now im locked out of my account, google authenticator is attatched and the code the app on my phone is giving me is wrong, lol the gods definitely dont want me to play it :P sent off a ticket.

Jaysus m8 you're not having any luck with that game at all are ye? :pac::pac:

In fairness support sorted it lastnight, prompt enough.
    Not sure what to play now, healing was my focus last time i played, got all three healing classes to lvl 25+ with my Esper at lvl 30.
    Might just go dps route ,less stressful in old age :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Anyone playing this these days? Thinking of giving it another shot now that its free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This died a death long ago, Joe.

The little brother was playing it a few months back and even with the mega server, the place was a ghost town. Sad to see, but the devs went full steam ahead hardcore zero content when the community said to re-evaluate and they've suffered for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

MagicIRL wrote: »
    This died a death long ago, Joe.

The little brother was playing it a few months back and even with the mega server, the place was a ghost town. Sad to see, but the devs went full steam ahead hardcore zero content when the community said to re-evaluate and they've suffered for it.

That's sad really, but thanks for the heads up! Thought that the game had a lot of potential but it did seem that their strategy was flawed. People don't really want a rock-hard Vanilla WoW style MMO these days, it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That's sad really, but thanks for the heads up! Thought that the game had a lot of potential but it did seem that their strategy was flawed. People don't really want a rock-hard Vanilla WoW style MMO these days, it seems.

The bad old days of hardcore MMO's are long over and devs need to wise up to this as players are just not prepared to deal with BS like key farming for raid access, corpse runs or games that feel like a full time job. Vanguard was another MMO that the devs touted as being uber hardcore like the original Everquest then had to backtrack big time when the player base never arrived.

Advertisement