Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you an Agnostic ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Zombrex wrote: »
    All together now "I want to get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus ... " :pac:
    Do you want to feel his love wash over you, perhaps whilst you are on your knees?

I am an agnostic atheist mostly because it is the cool thing to be. Deep down I know that god(s) exist, but in order for me to continue to live my life in the evil may that I have become accustomed to I need to deny his existence.

The thought of there being god(s) being up there watching me fornicate and do all the other horrible things I do scars me so much that I have to pretend to myself that I don’t believe that he exists.

Basically I am an agnostic atheist because I am an evil coward that can’t stand up to his nasty father. Either that or I reckon it is all a load of sh1t, but I simply don’t know for certain.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,347 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

kylith wrote: »
    I've been finding myself getting more and more gnostic recently. It is possible that the existence of gods can be proven, it only takes the slightest bit of effort on a god's part to provide this proof. If they can't be bothered to prove they exist then I will take it as read that they don't.

Me too. Dawkins is starting to look a bit like a lightweight :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement