Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POLL ADDED: Munster v Leinster, Thomond Pk, 13th April 6.30pm LIVE ON RTE2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭phog

molloyjh wrote: »
    Frankies approach to the scrum last week was that if Munster were at fault it either should have been a Munster penalty or a reset.

Nonsense, in one if the first penalties we got from a scrum, Frankie said that it could have been a free kick against us for delayed put in.

awec wrote: »
    To be fair, most pundits are paid to state the obvious.

The problem with Frankie is that he gets it wrong even when it's obvious. :pac:

He didn't get too much wrong on Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

phog wrote: »
    Nonsense, in one if the first penalties we got from a scrum, Frankie said that it could have been a free kick against us for delayed put in.

It appears that Frankie is considered in a similar vein to Kidney by many around hear. It doesn't matter how right he is; he's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

It appears that Frankie is considered in a similar vein to Kidney by many around hear. It doesn't matter how right he is; he's wrong.

It was far from just here where he was being ridiculed, he was claiming Munster should be getting the pens in several scrums where they were being marched backwards, of course this was picked up elsewhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Draw/I'm too much of a pansy to call it
    Frankie has something of a "boy who cried wolf" problem unfortunately. Or in this case "boy who spouted bull****" problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Tox56 wrote: »
    It was far from just here where he was being ridiculed, he was claiming Munster should be getting the pens in several scrums where they were being marched backwards, of course this was picked up elsewhere

He was calling for a reset in most instances. Garces just awarded penalties to the side putting it. He didn't even try and understand what was going on.

It was also picked up elsewhere that he was correct.

It was also picked up elsewhere that he was correct.

So that means he was? I can form my own opinions and I'm clearly not the only one, it has nothing to do with Frankie and his history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Leinster
    Frankie can't criticise the Munster scrum - Kilcoyne is one of his clients.

So that means he was? I can form my own opinions and I'm clearly not the only one, it has nothing to do with Frankie and his history

International ref, International & Lion lock, International Flanker all agreed with Frankie, I know who's opinion I'd take on the matter.

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Frankie can't criticise the Munster scrum - Kilcoyne is one of his clients.

He did

International ref, International & Lion lock, International Flanker all agreed with Frankie, I know who's opinion I'd take on the matter.

Those types of people don't come out and criticise pundits, who knows how many disagree. You can choose to take any opinion you want on the matter, it doesn't change mine or many others, and I'd prefer not to be sneered at for holding it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

This thread is already taking a turn for the worse and we're two days off the ball being kicked.

Those types of people don't come out and criticise pundits, who knows how many disagree. You can choose to take any opinion you want on the matter, it doesn't change mine or many others, and I'd prefer not to be sneered at for holding it

I have never sneered at anyone, if you think I have report it to a mod and let them decide. Better still send me a PM with link to the relevant post and I'll reply directly to you.

Munster have only won 2 of the last 10 matches between the sides (a 1 point victory and the ML final).

I hadn't realised it was quite as one-sided as that of late.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think we'll be looking for a wee Munster victory in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Being marched backwards isn't a penalty offence; surprising how often people forget that. You also have to consider the reason one teams get the upper hand in the scrum is quite often because they're infringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

enough about frankie sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Apologies one and all.

Anyway, what about the selection. Do people really think Munster will pick a weakened side? I'd be shocked if they did tbh.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Apologies one and all.

Anyway, what about the selection. Do people really think Munster will pick a weakened side? I'd be shocked if they did tbh.

They won't pick a completely weakened side, but anyone carrying any kind of niggle will be rested. That means no Donnacha Ryan probably at least. Would be surprised if there is more than 3 or 4 changes though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Leinster
    I hope we put out a weakened team, this match means nothing and we don't have the strength of depth Clermont have, D Ryan, Murray etc should be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

Leinster
    As long as Williams isnt there I will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Wouldn't blame Munster at all if they take their foot off the gas for this one. Bragging rights are all there is to play for from their perspective. I know if Leinster were in that situation I would have 1 1/2 eyes on the Clermont game

Earls if fit will play, in the dying minutes of the game on Sunday Laulala was holding his thigh and kept moving away from the action so if he has any sort if niggle he'll be rested. Ryan will almost certainly not start. Will POC get another run, he's had a few high tempo games for a guy just back after a long injury. Also, I think I read somewhere thst Dougie is still out. After that it depends on if Penney wants to rest any of the rest of last week's team or try another combo somewhere. It's a short turn around after such a big game last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Leinster fielded as full strength squad in the Ulster fixture before the Clermont game last year didn't they? There's a lot of benefit for keeping as much consistency in a team before a big cup game. I reckon Munster will be near enough full strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

I'd like to see a team like this from Munster

15. Jones
    14. Dineen
    13. Earls
    12. JJ Hanrahan
    11. Zebo
    10. ROG
    9. Sheridan

1. Du prez
    2. Sherry
    3. Archer
    4. DOC
    5. Holland
    6. Stander
    7. Ronan
    8. Coughlan

16. Sherry
    17. Killer
    18. Botha
    19. POC
    20. TOD
    21. Murray
    22. Downey (JJ to cover 10)
    23. Hurley

Keeping the match day squad strong, resting players with niggles. And benching those that have played alot or are very vital to give them a mini rest :P

(That's a crazy strong bench...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Leinster
    .ak wrote: »
    Leinster fielded as full strength squad in the Ulster fixture before the Clermont game last year didn't they? There's a lot of benefit for keeping as much consistency in a team before a big cup game. I reckon Munster will be near enough full strength.

We have to be looking at possible injury concerns though. I agree it's important to keep momentum going, but 1 or 2 key injuries would destroy any chance v Clermont

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster
    Last home game at Thomond, Marcus should get a send off. Even if it's 20 minutes off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

It will also be my first visit to Thomand or Limerick for that matter. Can't wait. Hopefully it won't be a dull game that sometimes happens between these two teams.

Leinster by 55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Grimebox wrote: »
    It will also be my first visit to Thomand or Limerick for that matter. Can't wait. Hopefully it won't be a dull game that sometimes happens between these two teams.

Leinster by 55

:pac:

If that happens you're coming to Thomond park more often. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement