Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird thing about this girl at work.

Options
  • 10-04-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

There is this girl, i know who works with me and she literally copies everything i do, she is beginning to freak me out. We have a history and eventhough we are friends now; im still dont like her. We werent friends for a while. I am in a relationship with another girl by the way before i start.
    Firstly last year i bought a car. Two months later she buys the same car only two years newer. Then i got things put into the car etc and she did the exact same.

I went on diet as i was slightly overweight and when she heard that she did the same. She now has the same stuff for lunch as me funny enough and has lost weight like myself. I stated focusing on my fitness and got myself in good shape training most of week. She now does the same. I then ran marathons and funny enough she started running marathons, i started cycling bought a bike and she did the same thing and now cycles too eventhough she never did before. I started swimming and few months after she started too eventhough she never did it before.

I then started doing cooking classes and she now is doing something similiar.

Finally im looking to buy a house with my partner and have been looking for a few months. Now she and her partner are doing the same.

Am i really that inspiring to this freak or what the hell is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

teednab-el wrote: »
    There is this girl, i know who works with me and she literally copies everything i do, she is beginning to freak me out. We have a history and eventhough we are friends now; im still not gone in her. We werent in friends for a while. I am in a relationship with another girl by the way before i start.
    Firstly last year i bought a car. Two months later she buys the same car only two years newer. Then i got things put into the car etc and she did the exact same.

I went on diet as i was slightly overweight and when she heard that she did the same. She now has the same stuff for lunch as me funny enough and has lost weight like myself. I stated focusing on my fitness and got myself in good shape training most of week. She now does the same. I then ran marathons and funny enough she started running marathons, i started cycling bought a bikeband she did the same thingband now cycles too eventhough she never did before. I started swimming and few months after she started too eventhough she never did it before.

I then started doing cooking classes and she now is doing somethibg similiar

Finally im looking to buy a house with my partner and have been looking for a few months. Now she and her partner are doing the same.

Am i really that inspiring to this freak or what the hell is going on?

I got this far... what???

Actually, none of your sense makes any sentences.

But I would suggest getting in her first. Once you have gone in her you should start to see things settle down.

I hope this helps.

We have a history and eventhough we are friends now

you answered your own question

did you break up with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

*Plot twist: OP is schizophrenic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Have your arm amputated, if she does the same you've confirmation she's a wierdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

you answered your own question

did you break up with her

Its work related. No relationship with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Pilotdude5 wrote: »

dude, totally blew my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Its time for an extreme measure OP.

Cut off the thumb on your left hand and she does she copy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Is it a mirror?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Normal person does what normal people normally do. What's the problem?

Normal person does what normal people normally do. What's the problem?

Would you not find it strange if someone you know well starts doing the exact same things as you that it becomes noticable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

What have I walked on in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Get a henna tattoo, and tell her it's real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You and her do the same job so presumably are on similar salaries, and are at similar stages in your life. Alot of my friends are on a health kick at the moment, alot of them are riding bicycles and swimming and learning to cook properly.

The only true coincidence is she bought the same car as you. I think you are looking for something that isn't there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So we can surely expect a "weird thing about this guy at work" thread from her in the next few minutes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,111 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jump off a bridge

Test the Irish mammy's adage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Would you not find it strange if someone you know well starts doing the exact same things as you that it becomes noticable?
    If they are everyday mundane things that people usually do, then no.

If anything it seems like she sees you as some kind of role model, which is kind of unusual as you sound like bit of a boring bastard to me.:P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Start telling her you do some mad weird **** like free diving while being ayten out by dolphins and see if she follows suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I got this far... what???

Actually, none of your sense makes any sentences.

But I would suggest getting in her first. Once you have gone in her you should start to see things settle down.

I hope this helps.
    It's obvious - he pulled out. :p

Its time for an extreme measure OP.

Cut off the thumb on your left hand and she does she copy you.

Maybe if i jump off a cliff she might follow but i will never know that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mimicry is the most sincere form of flattery. She likes your style.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    So we can surely expect a "weird thing about this guy at work" thread from her in the next few minutes? :confused:

Its quite possible. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

What the.
    Give me a good public vs private sector thread anyday than this gobildy gook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Stop talking about the minutiae of your life in work. If you're going to the gym in the evening just go, the office doesn't need to know. If this woman emulating you is that annoying then stop discussing your personal plans to get fit, your new diet and what that entails and your cookery aspirations.

Aside from that I don't see the problem other than it being a bit weird. Unless of course you think this behaviour could potentially evolve into a scenario where she eventually kills you and takes your place. That would definitely be problematic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

What the.

How's the knee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

“What would Tyler Durden do?”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

How's the knee?
    Grand. The scab fell off in the bed the other night so the new skin is very tender.

What the.

Hope your knee isnt bothering you too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭Thud

OP you should go to work topless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Pilotdude5 wrote: »

M night shyamalan ... in the making ..

• Advertisement

Thud wrote: »
    OP you should go to work topless

She has a fine pair but no.

Advertisement