Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi: Steam Mop

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭djdunny

clogher77 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can get new mop heads for this steam mop. I brought it the last time but I found the mop heads need to be replaced.

Have a look on www.Buy-Spares.ie. They have generic cloths to fit most types of steam mop. I got a pack and they fit my Vax perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

The expensive one only has a 315ml tank. That seems tiny compared to the cheaper one's 800ml tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Apparently the smaller one didn't come into the two Aldi's I was in today, was this the same everywhere I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

I got what seemed to the last cheap one in Killarney this evening. Plenty of expensive ones left.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 AmyTadhg

Got this mop the last time it came in, brill mop but the cloth covers supplied are rubbish. Opted for a dirt devil set of covers out of argos when they were half price, fit perfectly and the coral pad is brill on the tiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Brought one yesterday after reading this thread, seems good,cleaned the lino in kitchen well , they is plenty of stock in Audi Enniscorthy .
    ps. the larger screw which keeps handle on wouldn't tighten, just kept turning, cant see it being a problem as handle is very tight, anyone else have this problem?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Brought one yesterday after reading this thread, seems good,cleaned the lino in kitchen well , they is plenty of stock in Audi Enniscorthy .
    ps. the larger screw which keeps handle on wouldn't tighten, just kept turning, cant see it being a problem as handle is very tight, anyone else have this problem?

Hi, had that prob to begin with until I realised the screw wasn't threaded into the plastic holder. Takes a couple of min to line it up properly and then tighten it into place.

Honestly it will wreck your head if it's not threaded in to secure the handle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Just to add my experience.I bought the smaller one last week and used it on Saturday. It lasted 20 minutes before the steamer broke and wouldnt steam anymore. Nothing wrong with the connections etc. just decided it didnt want to steam. Brought it back for a full refund, which in fairness I had no hassle getting.

So the 40e steam mop no longer makes much steam!
    Like a bit comes out but not the same as before

Anyone else have this problem?
    A pin came with it but can't figure out what your supposed to pin?

Was quite happy with the mop till this started

Any else experience similar problems with this steam mop?

youngblood wrote: »
    So the 40e steam mop no longer makes much steam!
    Like a bit comes out but not the same as before

Anyone else have this problem?
    A pin came with it but can't figure out what your supposed to pin?

Was quite happy with the mop till this started

Any else experience similar problems with this steam mop?

Mine did that after it got left lying up with water left in the tank!

You need to remove the head of the mop & you'll see the barrel for the steam with a pin hole in it. Thankfully I had some garden wire to hand so it was thin enough to use to clear the line... the barrel had filled with gunk & limescale!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me.

So do you mean take off the cloth and where the steam comes out & stick it in there?

Where the steam comes out looks empty so didn't think there was any point sticking it up there?

youngblood wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me.

So do you mean take off the cloth and where the steam comes out & stick it in there?

Where the steam comes out looks empty so didn't think there was any point sticking it up there?

Nope the actual plastic triangle head, it's held on with 1 philips head screw, once you have that off, bit of force to pull it apart. You'll see the joining where the head is joined. Once you have it off, the steel barrel will be visible

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

AmyTadhg wrote: »
    Mine did that after it got left lying up with water left in the tank!

You need to remove the head of the mop & you'll see the barrel for the steam with a pin hole in it. Thankfully I had some garden wire to hand so it was thin enough to use to clear the line... the barrel had filled with gunk & limescale!!

Good to know. I've just purchased one (not aldi) and my water is full of limescale. I'll be sure to empty it after each use.

Advertisement