Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People walking on main roads

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

There were places to cross each road leading into the roundabout, there was no need...
    Were the pedestrian signalled crossing places within 15 metres of where the man was crossing?
    I have never known anyone to cross a road by actually hopping across the roundabout in the middle?
    People take shortcuts. I see drivers going the wrong way around roundabouts all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

In was going slow, As was the car in front but how slow can you go and not be a danger to a vehicle behind.

Fact is no matter how slow I went it was still very hard to see the woman dressed in black and at 20 / 30 mph its still going to be sore for the person walking

You need to be more careful. You are liable if you hit a pedestrian, no matter what the circumstances. And yes, I've had a few brown trouser moments myself, that's why I switched to left foot braking. If the sun is in your eyes put the visor down or wear sunglasses. It's not entirely rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Two abreast on a corner like ffs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

You need to be more careful.
    Let's be fair here, he was being careful and did not hit the pedestrian. But, he did not approve of the way she was dressed. The solution is obvious - all citizens must wear high-vis clothing when they go outside of their homes. Motorists will be permitted to take off the high vis, only while sat inside their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Does anyone know why SO many cyclists do that. I live on a wide road with footpath and cycle lane side by side, yet 9 out of 10 cyclists use the fecking road ? WHY ?........
    On footpath cycle lanes are often dangerous. If they cross sideroads then emerging traffic wont yield. Often people don't notice the cycle lane and walk in it. There is often rubbish/wet leaves in it. They often wind around obstacles like bus stops. Really, the reason for it is quite rational; it's not to piss drivers off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I agree this is a dangerous issue. If we're not careful, someone is going to end up getting run down by a car some day. Then all hell will break loose. Pure Luck it hasn't happened yet really.

I once saw this woman who constantly refuses to walk on the pavements. Seemingly she believes they're haunted.

Advertisement