Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault may sell Zoe with battery.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

Sounds good, but still way too slow.

They should have a more powerful option.

I'd say 88hp is way enough for the Irish market. If you look at Clio sold since the begining of the year :
    1450 sold with the 1.2 75hp
    293 sold with the 1.5 90hp diesel
    22 sold with the 900cc turbo petrol 90hp
    And I'm pretty sure you get similar stats across most superminis.

I think it has come clear that the Irish buyer doesn't give a damn care about bhp. Let alone the tons of torque of EVs.

Lutecia wrote: »
    I'd say 88hp is way enough for the Irish market. If you look at Clio sold since the begining of the year :
    1450 sold with the 1.2 75hp
    293 sold with the 1.5 90hp diesel
    22 sold with the 900cc turbo petrol 90hp
    And I'm pretty sure you get similar stats across most superminis.

I think it has come clear that the Irish buyer doesn't give a damn care about bhp. Let alone the tons of torque of EVs.

You need more torque to pull the heavy EV.

True enough the average Irish motorist doesn't care about HP, but more about the reg. But I have to admit driving the Leaf is a lot more fun.

I wonder if they could have brought the basic Zoe to around 15 K same as the petrol, would it sell better in Ireland ?

Battery rental isn't that bad really, because you'd be paying for petrol or diesel anyway.

Zoe is a pretty highly equipped.

Advertisement