Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If/when Schmidt goes, who will we get?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭cp

Les kiss? Honestly think this guy would make a good head coach, just not at international level, not yet anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Assistant with the Chiefs has turned down a number of offers from top clubs and countries (I've heard that he has a sick parent or something and he doesn't want to move)

You're right Ciaran, I think Wayne's days as an overseas coach are over...at least for the moment. Certainly has a great CV, and comes across as a genuinely nice bloke, but I don't see him quitting the land of the long white cloud again anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Whoever it is I have faith in the Leinster branch to select the right man for the job. They've done a fantastic job selecting the last 2 coaches. Both were exactly what we needed at the time. Nobody saw Cheika coming, and I can't imagine many were tipping Joe either. So I wouldn't be sure we could predict the next coach, be that for next season or the following one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Buer wrote: »
    Simply don't have the depth to compete nor the cash to change that. They were rattling along fine until the 6N broke their momentum. They don't have others to come in and change the game or up their performance. Now they're out of the HEC and have lost their last three AP games in a row. Season hanging by a thread. If they lose their next AP match, they will probably drop from the playoff spots.

They did well in the AP last season when Robshaw was the only one gone. Now they have Care, Robshaw, Brown and Marler all gone and they've badly struggled with the disruption. They didn't have the LV Cup knock outs and HEC to fight which they did this season. They've simply run entirely out of steam.

Flatter to deceive is the phrase I'd use, definitely. They're a strong side until the going gets really tough.

See this is why i think O'Shea is a good coach. Quins are pretty limited when you look through their playing roster(no disrespect to what Munster did) but you look 1 to 15 and they are not littered with internationals. He maximizes limited players(Tom Williams on the wing,Turner-Hall at centre etc.) and rejuvenates others(Nick Easter distinctly average for a lot of his career, Care had well documented disciplinary/drink issues)
    They don't have the biggest pack but he managed to out think Saraceans/Leicster/Northampton to win premiership last year.
    These are the qualities that make me think he could do really well with any squad. Given a more talented group he could deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Ewen McKenzie:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement