Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Reopening?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

bitburger wrote: »
    well considering that CD's are digitally recorded and locked at 128kbps the whole argument is invalid, maybe theres one there for vinyl but not cd's

It's a wee bit more, like 1,411 kbps -ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

i wonder if that gang of workers sitting in the pavillion branch waiting for wages are still there...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

any update on this happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody know when Henry Street is re-opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

PWEI wrote: »
    Anybody know when Henry Street is re-opening?

i heard late august but no signs yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Seems to be opening pretty soon according to there Twitter:

https://twitter.com/HMVIreland/status/368369547260088320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Is there any realistic hope for the physical copy in this day and age though? I'm only 24 but I still do vinyl and CD's, my father has an extensive collection of both. The music industry has changed greatly in the last decade. The arts of songwriting and musicianship have died a death in popular chart music. These days you've got silly women and boys sprouting processed pop.
    I actually think the quality has improved (though still is lacklustre) the mid/late 1990s - early 2000s was a staggeringly awful period for mainstream music quality.

Am I the only one who preferred the Henry Street shop to the Grafton Street one, by the way? It was smaller, but had a better layout and more of an 'intimate' feel (for want of a better word) - Grafton Street always felt cold to me, like Tesco for CDs, DVDs, games and posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The former shop in tallaght has reopened as Play limited stock not a great selection of dvds games ,music being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Fingers crossed they re-open soon, sourcing last minute birthday presents has been a right bugger since they closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Fingers crossed they re-open soon, sourcing last minute birthday presents has been a right bugger since they closed.

Make sure you get in there quickly and get some nice HMV gift vouchers when they open, they make a great present :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement