Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick with SNES/N64 or try Sega/sony?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I knew RAGE's pricing was woeful, but €15 for the PS2 version of Soul Calibur 2 is nonsensical. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a used one go for anymore than €6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I knew RAGE's pricing was woeful, but €15 for the PS2 version of Soul Calibur 2 is nonsensical. Honestly, I don't think I've seen a used one go for anymore than €6.

Rage pricing: If we think it's a good game price it high!

All the retro shops in the US on the other hand have reasonably priced common stuff and any rarities are priced less than ebay (since they get them in lots and pay considerably less). It means you don't end up with all your rare games horribly priced and unsold and still make a decent price from casual collectors picking up common stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rage pricing: If we think it's a good game price it high!

All the retro shops in the US on the other hand have reasonably priced common stuff and any rarities are priced less than ebay (since they get them in lots and pay considerably less). It means you don't end up with all your rare games horribly priced and unsold and still make a decent price from casual collectors picking up common stuff.

Yeah, I wanted to quote the prices to see what people thought. It's hard to gauge the value of some items because there's no "first hand" market (that I know of).

What I'm seeing is that if I look on adverts/donedeal/rage etc the games available are the mid to low end titles, i.e. people are hanging onto Super Metroid, Alttp etc. That's frustrating for a newbie to this like myself but I guess it's just the way it goes.

Advertisement