Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEC QF: Clermont vs Montpellier, Sat 6 April 3:40pm (Irish Time)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Superb from Sivivatu! Clermont have woken up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

It took them a while to get going, but now Clermont are at full flight.

Monty need the first score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

One of the Inbetweeners is kicking for Montpellier.
    Hopefully last half hour is better stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Montpellier don't look remotely like scoring a try, despite a glut of possession...

...and Sivivatu's 2nd makes it game over.

Rene Ranger will help Montpellier's attack no end.

• Advertisement

What a run!

Stunning try.

Sivivatu. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

what a break from sivivatu.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Lovely from Fofana to create the gap for Sivivatu

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Clermont are amazing when they get going.

• Advertisement

So Thomond, would u fancy Munster at the ASM in a semi? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Swiwi wrote: »
    So Thomond, would u fancy Munster at the ASM in a semi? :o

Why not. Seems like no one else can beat them there so let's give Penney a shot at it.

Rightwing wrote: »
    Why not. Seems like no one else can beat them there so let's give Penney a shot at it.

I like your optimism! There would be nothing to lose, and worth a whirl. Would be a great victory. I guess the small matter of Quins first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

Last chance saloon for Montpelier here.

Swiwi wrote: »
    I like your optimism! There would be nothing to lose, and worth a whirl. Would be a great victory. I guess the small matter of Quins first...

Munster of 08 would probably carve out a win there, but this team has little to zero chance. Quins would have about 10% chance of winning there

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

There's another. Montpellier aren't even playing that badly, Clermont are just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

4th try for Clermont.

All endeavour and nothing to show for it for MP, Cl-Fr like a coiled snake just strike at the right time. Turning into a bit of a thrashing. The tournament has to be Cl-Fr to lose.

Monty's dominance ended when Trinh-Duc went off.

It will take something special to beat Clermont this year. Do Munster or Quinn's have what it takes? Probably not, Sarries, Ulster, Tigers or Toulon?

• Advertisement

MOTM? What do ye reckon. Fofana for me.

decisions wrote: »
    It will take something special to beat Clermont this year. Do Munster or Quinn's have what it takes? Probably not, Sarries, Ulster, Tigers or Toulon?

Clermont's test will be the final. Have they the mental strength for it. Tigers could choke them.

Oh, and I see the answer to the Q: "Who played 1 test for the ABs on the wing (despite being a centre)?" has come off the bench.

And another one.

And Wayne Barnes misses a forward pass...nice try all the same.

Poor Montpellier, it's a rout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Clermont look unstoppable when they're like this, but you can get at them. Leinster were shorn of Fitz/Kearney/BOD and got within 3 points in the SMM. It wasn't a vintage Leinster team, it wasn't even a vintage Leinster performance, it was just sensible play with Sexton pulling the strings. They're the team to beat but it can definitely be done, wouldn't mind Quins having a go at them in the Semis.

Tox56 wrote: »
    Clermont look unstoppable when they're like this, but you can get at them. Leinster were shorn of Fitz/Kearney/BOD and got within 3 points in the SMM. It wasn't a vintage Leinster team, it wasn't even a vintage Leinster performance, it was just sensible play with Sexton pulling the strings. They're the team to beat but it can definitely be done, wouldn't mind Quins having a go at them in the Semis.

I'd ask the question were Clermont in 2nd gear on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I'd ask the question were Clermont in 2nd gear on the day.
    But if they were, why? It was a huge game at the time, shouldn't have had a problem getting up for it, what's to say that wouldn't happen again? In a potential Semi-Final, Quins would bring a better team than Leinster did, and they wouldn't be in the SMM because of the competition rules. Clermont are favourites but they're definitely beatable, that's all I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

Munster of 08 would probably carve out a win there, but this team has little to zero chance. Quins would have about 10% chance of winning there

Munster of 08? You'd have to reverse some law amendments that have come in the following 5 years.

I think Clermont are a class above anybody else and will win the HC. They have been one of the most talented and powerful teams of the last few years but now they've amassed the experience they needed too.

Advertisement