Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it socially acceptable to bully high status individuals?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Jesus Christ just because somebody's rich doesn't mean they don't have feelings

I'm not saying that at all. A friend of mine is a partner in an accountantcy firm for instance, on serious cash. If I was to start giving him serious hassle in the pub just because of his wage that would be bullying, and generally horrible behaviour. But that isn't the question being asked though is it? The OP asked was there bullying toward the super-rich or the political elite in general, and to be honest there isn't. There may be real anger out there that is targeted toward these people as a class, and rightly so, but to portray them as some sort of vulnerable and victimised group in society is crap.

What real power does the ordinary working person have to "bully" the likes of Enda Kenny, or David Cameron or Richard Branson?

"Oh poor me, I just belittled everyone on the dole, cut the carer's respite allowance despite being on over a hundred grand a year with a pension for life and now people are being mean to me on my Facebook page."

Honest to God like.

Advertisement