Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my company terminated my employment, then asked me to complete an employee survey

Options
  • 04-04-2013 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Well Ive worked for a company for the past 1,5 years, today I got a letter from them saying my employment has been terminated. The funny thing about all this is that they've sacked me but want to know what my opinion is of the company...LOL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Tell us some secrets that the company doesn't want us to know!

Also, sorry you lost yer job dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

They are just testing you. Write in the survey that you love them and they will rehire you.
    I guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Complete the form in a completely professional manner.

That'll teach them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Don't write "LOL" on the form. It will confirm their belief that you are in fact unemployable.

Seriously though, if you are critical, best make it constructive, never burn your bridges pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

everything is a test

you're the knock

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well don't tell them what you really think anyway, you may need a reference at some stage from the b&stards.

Exit interviews - the greatest waste of time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Send them back the survey, but don't fill it out.

Ohhh that will rattle the cages of them so it will.

Rattle it goooooooood.

Or ya could just fcuk it in the bin and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Well Ive worked for a company for the past 1,5 years, today I got a letter from them saying my employment has been terminated. The funny thing about all this is that they've sacked me but want to know what my opinion is of the company...LOL

thats crazy man ,the same thing happen to me today...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sacked or laid off?

If the former - make it look like you sacked the,.

if the later, do it - might be useful for a refernce.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Fill it in to the best of your ability with faecal matter and blood, and post it back in a very, very tightly sealed envelope.

Pro tip: doesn't have to be your own blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭amacca

Send them a survey, ask them to complete it and get it back to you ASAP as your admin staff have a lot to do.

Pick any random survey, it doesn't matter......I'm sure they will get the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Tick every box randomly.. Even where you're supposed to write something put a tick. Job done, box ticked

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭dybbuk

Pro tip: doesn't have to be your own blood.
    Are you trying to sell your worthless feacal matter to an unemployed man?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

wardy2 wrote: »
    thats crazy man ,the same thing happen to me today...

Haha not gonna name the company but, unfairness this sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Stick a few pubes in it and send it back.

Sorry to hear about your job loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Haha not gonna name the company but, unfairness this sucks

im going to just bin my survey and forget about them and move on to better things,its their lost not ours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Fill it in to the best of your ability with faecal matter and blood, and post it back in a very, very tightly sealed envelope.

And get somebody else to lick the seal.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Is it 1 or 5? If itz 1, you is well focked. If itz 5, what did ya do to get fired? Ride the bosses missus? If itz 1.5, youre whats known as a grey area. You need just for men. Deadly for grey areas.

I had never heard of an employee survey of this kind before. What sort of questions do they ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭amacca

I had never heard of an employee survey of this kind before. What sort of questions do they ask?

what is your favourite colour?

what three things would you take to a desert island with you?

is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?

in your opinion is a bird in the hand really better than two in a bush?

how do you feel about us canning you and then sending you these questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Three day weekend!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Sacked or laid off?

If the former - make it look like you sacked the,.

if the later, do it - might be useful for a refernce.

Whether he does it or not a job can't give you a bad reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I imagine its a standard procedure to see how can they can improve employer employee relationship

Dont call they effing ***** and then expect a good reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

there is only one thing that needs to be done here. take a large turd on the bonnet of the boss' car, then brush hands together in the job done kind of way. the boss will see you from their window and immediately rehire you for being so clever and displaying your understanding of irony, BALLS, wit, confidence, reverse psychology, creativity and more importantly your desire to keep the job, and that you know a test when you see one and face the challenge head on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Whether he does it or not a job can't give you a bad reference

Not true. Not true at all. A job can give you any kind of reference they want. If they put a bad one in writing, they'd better be able to back it up, and avoid any confidential disclosures, but on a verbal basis, they can tell the whole truth and land you back in the positions wanted section every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Online survey or paper survey? If paper I hope at least they had the regard to include a stamped addressed envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

In the comments section allude to the sexual relationships you have had with senior members of staff of both sexes and the payoff you received from company funds to hush you.
    Send a copy of the completed form to their international HQ.
    That will set off a few alarm bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

You think that's bad. I had to fill out my own P45.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They've specifically asked you to do one? Aren't they meant to be anonymous and an opt in thing?

Advertisement