Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had enough

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

Invest in Brazil.

IIRC, if you invest c. $20k, they'll automatically give you Brazilian citizenship. Go there, teach English (with citizenship, you'll make a fortune and you'll never be out of work), marry a hot Brazilian girl (assuming you're Irish, your Northern European complexion will drive the ladies wild) and enjoy the great weather and the nice laid-back lifestyle.

Plus the Olympics and World Cup are going there aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Invest in Brazil.

IIRC, if you invest c. $20k, they'll automatically give you Brazilian citizenship. Go there, teach English (with citizenship, you'll make a fortune and you'll never be out of work), marry a hot Brazilian girl (assuming you're Irish, your Northern European complexion will drive the ladies wild) and enjoy the great weather and the nice laid-back lifestyle.

I know this is AH but is the above true?
    They bit about the citizenship and the teaching prospects not the hot Brazilian:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭amacca

If I may chip in, to me the OP sounds more than just bored but maybe a bit depressed despite the job and 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

6541 wrote: »
    AH has to be the place to post this as I have I like a Laugh.

So I am single relatively recently, I have posted about this before.
    I have 100,000 grand cash and more coming to me !
    I have a Job for life ! I am mid thirties, But I am not happy.

So Why am I not happy.

BullSh!t I have to put up with at work, but nothing serious, I could laught it off, but am scared I will grow old and bitter there.

Random Drug tests at work. I like an auld dance (old skool bhoy)

Not over my ex relationship just yet.

It is now looking like the country (which I love, I am Patriotic) is Fcuked, 14% unemployed and if you talk to the IMF thats actually 23%.

Social life sucks, Okay I have loads of cash but thats no fun when everyone else has none.

Relentless bad news economy wise in this country.

Dealing with three eyed mountainy men day in and day out.

So life has got to be better, so AH suggestions, but I am not goning to blow everything on hookers and drugs in one year, This cash has got to get me out of this and put me on a new permanent path.

So shoot!!!!!!!

I am trying to figure out the nature of your occupation. Three eyed mountainy men sounds dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You should troll popular forums. I'd say it's great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

amacca wrote: »
    If I may chip in, to me the OP sounds more than just bored but maybe a bit depressed despite the job and 100k.

No not depressed, more worried the way things are going here at the moment and more like there has to be more to life then this, plodding along, adventure is a calling ! But it needs to be planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Wait... Are you saying that you come into contact with people that have three eyes?

How does that work? Can they see out of their third eye or is it just a genetic dud?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Sunshine. Oz. Go there. Unless you've family here that you couldn't bring yourself to leave. If you've family here that you couldn't bring yourself to leave, move to Catalonia (easy commute). Learn Spanish (& Catalan, if you like), it's not that hard. Work-wise, either in Oz or Catalonia, do something you like well enough to make up for the fact that you mightn't get that rich off of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭joetoad

Okay you win!

Where My PM? I **** you not that I am for real.

Adetoke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Heroin is supposed to be a good cure for boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Smidge wrote: »
    I know this is AH but is the above true?
    They bit about the citizenship and the teaching prospects not the hot Brazilian:D
    Teaching prospects, yeah. I worked there illegally and it was easy to get work. I was making about €20 an hour. Some of the more "professional" companies won't hire foreigners without visas but if you can get one (which isn't easy), you also qualify for a higher pay scale. Citizens, obviously, don't need visas.

As for the citizenship, when it came time to try to work out a deal, one of my friends suggested the above (investing 20k in the country) as a way to get a passport. I don't think it explicitly says this but it definitely happens.

If I had had 20k, things would be different now.

No not depressed, more worried the way things are going here at the moment and more like there has to be more to life then this, plodding along, adventure is a calling ! But it needs to be planned.

Take the long view. Things were a lot worse here for most of the past. And there will never be a time in the future when the people on AH will be happy even when houses treble in price. And you are an example of the phenomenon where people with jobs want to be off and people without jobs want to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

OP money wont bring you happiness as corny as that sounds. my folks left me a big chunk of change but it doesnt make a difference if other things are getting you down.

Sounds like your job is your main problem - if your finanically secure, change jobs? retrain? back to college?....you at least have the option and can afford to. or just pack it all in and go travelling still have plenty of money left after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

I am trying to figure out the nature of your occupation. Three eyed mountainy men sounds dangerous.

A job for life,
    random drug tests at work,
    Swimming in money,
    Dealing with mutants all day

Has to be a Garda, lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Sounds like a government minister... except for the random drug testing, poor Ming wouldn't last long

Airitech wrote: »
    A job for life,
    Swimming in money,

Has to be a Garda, lol

Could be a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Airitech wrote: »
    A job for life,
    Swimming in money,

Has to be a Garda, lol

Or a politician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭WittyKitty1

"'id love that cup! If I had that cup and I was Elvis and I had a big car that'd be fantastic!" -Father Dougal Maguire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Conbhar wrote: »
    Give some of your new found cash to charity, that might cheer you up a bit :)

When has that ever cheered anyone up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I'd second taking a break. Take a leave of absence/sabbatical for a year.

Take a six month working break & relax for a few months. Take stock of what you want in life.

Think about more education, to get you further in your job that doesn't have random drug testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I'd second taking a break. Take a leave of absence/sabbatical for a year.

Take a six month working break & relax for a few months. Take stock of what you want in life.

Think about more education, to get you further in your job that doesn't have random drug testing.

I cannot take time off, it complicated but the type of work I do is all or nothing, but I think you are on the correct lines look at leaving, may take a bit of planning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Buy yokes and an Evo 7. Sell the yokes. Get wimmin and new mates. Buy more yokes and bigger wheels. Repeat until you have 48" wheels on your Evo 29.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Buy yourself a nice boat an the shannon,

http://www.apolloduck.ie/regions.phtml?rid=168

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm not easily bought but I am on special offer at the minute and it must be your lucky day because my price is €100,000!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

AH has to be the place to post this as I have I like a Laugh.

So I am single relatively recently, I have posted about this before.
    I have a Job for life ! I am mid thirties, But I am not happy.

So Why am I not happy.

BullSh!t I have to put up with at work, but nothing serious, I could laught it off, but am scared I will grow old and bitter there.

Random Drug tests at work. I like an auld dance (old skool bhoy)

Not over my ex relationship just yet.

It is now looking like the country (which I love, I am Patriotic) is Fcuked, 14% unemployed and if you talk to the IMF thats actually 23%.

Social life sucks, Okay I have loads of cash but thats no fun when everyone else has none.

Relentless bad news economy wise in this country.

Dealing with three eyed mountainy men day in and day out.

So life has got to be better, so AH suggestions, but I am not goning to blow everything on hookers and drugs in one year, This cash has got to get me out of this and put me on a new permanent path.

So shoot!!!!!!!

You don't have any problems in the grand scheme of things.

Lend me 13 grand to buy myself a decent car because I have bad credit. It'll make you feel good about yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

bit old to be taking hard drugs. e causes depression too. all drugs do including weed and alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I don't believe you for a second. Mainly because anyone who has lots of money knows how to use the word "grand" in a sentence when talking about sums of cash. If you had 100,000 or 10,000,000 (which is what 100,000 grand is) you'd know the correct way to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

OP, you know you sound just like me...................in parallel universe where I am an UTTER BUFFOON! Mehhehehehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭amacca

Buy yokes and an Evo 7. Sell the yokes. Get wimmin and new mates. Buy more yokes and bigger wheels. Repeat until you have 48" wheels on your Evo 29.

This is a good plan if you are roughly 17-22...imo the op is at a different life stage

nonetheless good plan......... and if the op tried to achieve it while shooting a documentary on the process, hmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

amacca wrote: »
    This is a good plan if you are roughly 17-22...imo the op is at a different life stage

nonetheless good plan......... and if the op tried to achieve it while shooting a documentary on the process, hmmmmmmm
    So you reckon he should get a Benz?. The Benz does suits the older lad about town. And they look better on the big rims.

Advertisement