Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Wasps v Leinster Rugby 8pm Friday the 5th of April Sky Sports

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think this is will be a close match. Wasps have had a good season compared to their last few and have some genuine threats out wide. If the lads go into this match with the right attitude I think they will pull it off. Nacewa to have a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Zzippy wrote: »
    Fvck the Lions, if he's not fit then fair enough, but saving players for an end-of-season tour and possibly losing out on a European title in the process would be bullsh1t. Not to mention winning the Amlin would earn a HEC place for Connacht next season, with all the added revenue that brings - more money into Irish rugby is a lot more important than one player making a Lions tour.

To be honest, with Madigan filling Sexton's boots for next season I think it's good to have him playing. This will be good experience and hopefully we'll see if he's the grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

If it makes any odds to anyone, 2fm are doing live commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

Not as confident as some others about this game.
    Too many enforced changes in the backs especially with EOM out too.
    Big test for D. Kearney on the wing, would have preferred McFadden in that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

BOD out really moves the whole backs around but with the number of injuries its as good as can be hoped

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ssaye wrote: »
    BOD out really moves the whole backs around but with the number of injuries its as good as can be hoped
    its not just the injuries to starters (Fitz and BOD) but the injuries to key backups (EOM and Macken) that have Leinster stretched.

If BOD was out and EOM was fit then he would come in fine and McFadden would stay on the wing and things would be much better.

I know thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is it just me of does Schmidt say yo a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭phog

Fvck the Lions, if he's not fit then fair enough, but saving players for an end-of-season tour and possibly losing out on a European title in the process would be bullsh1t. Not to mention winning the Amlin would earn a HEC place for Connacht next season, with all the added revenue that brings - more money into Irish rugby is a lot more important than one player making a Lions tour.

I wasn't advocating saving him for the Lions, just think sometimes players can be rushed back and that may lead to them losing more game time. Hoped that it wouldn't happen to Sexton.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Admit it Zzippy, your "not to mention" point is actually your main one. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

If Leinster play to 75% of their ability they will alk this.
    That is an unreal team and should still be in the H-Cup.

Quick question a few of us Ulster lads are in London tonight and were wondering about watching this game.
    We've been told the Porterhouse in Covent Garden is a real Leinster base.
    Any thoughts on that as a venue to watch it or any suggestions?

Cheers

and good luck, 3 Irish victories this weekend!!!

Yeah Porterhouse Covent Garden is the OLSC base usually.

Watched the Clermont Leinster semi final there last year, and while it was busy we still had a decent view.

If you want a seat you'd best get there early enough though. Good food if that helps you factor in the decision!

Nervous about the game I must say but Neil Francis (He is always ridiculously Leinster biased)surprisingly thinks we will be beaten and beaten well in last nights Herald.

Leinster win by 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I much prefer having McFadden in the centre, albeit @12. Varndell is no Savea & i reckon Kearney will do a good job.
    Should be interesting to see how McFadden and D'Arcy pair up. played together last year against Wales.does any1 know how many times (roughly) McFadden played 13 for Leinster?

I much prefer having McFadden in the centre, albeit @12. Varndell is no Savea & i reckon Kearney will do a good job.
    Should be interesting to see how McFadden and D'Arcy pair up. played together last year against Wales.does any1 know how many times (roughly) McFadden played 13 for Leinster?

Without checking probably <5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ssaye wrote: »
    Without checking probably <5

Between this year and last year off the top of my head about five (including 4 HEC group games). Before Joe he was primarily a 13 so most of his 16 starts probably would have been there

i think he played more often at 12 myself. must check

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

i think he played more often at 12 myself. must check

No, he was a 13 under Cheika. He stayed there until O'Malley came into the side and Cheika started playing him at 12 because he was very suspect in defense while it was a strength of O'Malley's.

He was used almost predominantly as a 13 those days. Had maybe a couple of games at 12 against the likes of the Dragons. Then we found out what a good winger he was agains Racing in Schmidt's first H Cup game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Admit it Zzippy, your "not to mention" point is actually your main one. :p

Ya got me thomond! :o:D

Yea pre Joe he started every game @13 and 4@12

Interestingly he see himself as a 12:
    “With the opportunities I had, I think I played well and I enjoy the wing but long-term I see myself as a centre. I think I am more of an inside, but I am happy to play either.”
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/mcfadden-eager-to-take-centre-stage-166745.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

One of the areas in which there is a question mark over Madigan is his kicking from hand. With the raw pace of the Wasps back three, they could get a lot of change out of any loose kicks. I think we might see Kearney kicking a lot of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

Varndell cant tackle to save his life; his defense is notoriously crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

leftleg wrote: »
    Varndell cant tackle to save his life; his defense is notoriously crap

slightly harsh there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Best of luck to Leinster tonight. Once again, the whole of Connacht is rooting for ye! Come on ye boys in blue... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

FORGOT TO RECORD IT...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

FORGOT TO RECORD IT...

Haha, worse than leaving the oven on!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

FORGOT TO RECORD IT...

Remote recording?

• Advertisement