Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Wasps v Leinster Rugby 8pm Friday the 5th of April Sky Sports

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

.ak wrote: »
    Interesting behind the scenes stuff from the game.

http://www.ercrugby.com/matchdaytv

They seemed to edit out the Cullen handshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Or he said something they didn't want public, cuz Joe is laughing and saying something to him as he walks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,885 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

.ak wrote: »
    Interesting how sober the players are after the win. Good attitude, imo.

Indeed they were, but thats probably more a function of being slightly sheepish to be in the lesser competition having just beaten a largely misfiring side. An accomplished second half showing from the boys in blue yes, but this match was bread and butter stuff to them. If they beat Munster and line up for 2 finals in May then they will consider the season redeemed.

I loved that stat at the weekend. Number of HECs in the HEC QFs - 5, number of HECs in the Amlin QFs - 10 !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Indeed they were, but thats probably more a function of being slightly sheepish to be in the lesser competition having just beaten a largely misfiring side. An accomplished second half showing from the boys in blue yes, but this match was bread and butter stuff to them. If they beat Munster and line up for 2 finals in May then they will consider the season redeemed.

I think it's as much to do with the fact that they had conceded 4 tries tbh. They will always look at this season as a missed opportunity. 3 in a row has never been done before and to have the chance to do it at home would have been huge motivation for them. Sadly it wasn't to be.

I'm just delighted they're taking the Amlin seriously. This notion that it's somehow not worth the attention is wrong. It's silverware, and any club that isn't trying to get as much silverware as possible has issues. And as a fan when I go to a game I want to see my team perform. I wasn't in Adams Park thinking that I wasn't at a HEC game and I wasn't any quieter than I have been in any other game, HEC or Pro12. Of course if we were to win it I wouldn't class it as big as the HEC, but that's not to say I wouldn't be happy either.

Does anyone know if any team has ever won European silverware 3 years running at all?

Also it's a good attitude to have, it's just a Q4 and they haven't won anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I totally didn't realise that was Mike Ross' first ever professional try.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I totally didn't realise that was Mike Ross' first ever professional try.

I did, I went absolutely mental!

Wasps fans were good spirited considering I was slap bang in the middle of them fully decked out with a flag in one hand and a Guinness in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I did, I went absolutely mental!

Wasps fans were good spirited considering I was slap bang in the middle of them fully decked out with a flag in one hand and a Guinness in the other.

It happened not far from us, but we didn't see who it was at the time with all the heads in the way. I've been saying it for a while now that he was one guy I wanted to see get over the line. Absolutely delighted he did.

TBH it was fairytale stuff - everyone wanted Isa to find form again before he left us, and he did, in style, and popped it up to the big fella everyone's been dying to bag a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭little173

It was a professional job from Leinster but it fairness it was a game they would do well to lose, Wasps are well down in the Aviva Prem and as was seen from Bath as well that means you cant really compete with better European teams.

It was more like a Super 14 game at times it was so open and rucks were not being contested on a hard pitch, a nice change from some turgid stuff we have had on offer over the Winter in the 6N.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

little173 wrote: »
    It was a professional job from Leinster but it fairness it was a game they would do well to lose, Wasps are well down in the Aviva Prem and as was seen from Bath as well that means you cant really compete with better European teams.

Now, now, Wasps beat Quins in The Stoop recently!

It was a helter skelter game though and not one Leinster should be losing. Once Leinster went through phases, they could make ground at will. Wasps won't be getting back to their former glory this year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭little173

Buer wrote: »
    Now, now, Wasps beat Quins in The Stoop recently!

It was a helter skelter game though and not one Leinster should be losing. Once Leinster went through phases, they could make ground at will. Wasps won't be getting back to their former glory this year anyway.

By "recently" you mean February 9th? Right in the middle of the Six nations?

They are not great really but good to see Leinster progress and the Semi should be a good one though Biarritz are also having a pretty ordinary season so would expect to them to progress at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Relax, it was tongue in cheek.

Advertisement