Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Sossie wrote: »
    So according to the Irish Times today the HSE badly needs at least 259 paramedics in order to fulfill its requirements. Hmm, I wonder where they can be found? Anybody?
    It's a dream job for a lot of people but poor wages and possibility of getting stationed far from home is not going to get a lot of people into the jobs. A lot are jacking it in. Same happening in the UK.
    It needs huge investment from the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Sossie wrote: »
    So according to the Irish Times today the HSE badly needs at least 259 paramedics in order to fulfill its requirements. Hmm, I wonder where they can be found? Anybody?

Link????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

"hiring an extra 290 staff would cost €15 million a year and take three years to implement. Even then, improved response times may not yield a commensurate improvement in clinical outcomes for the majority of patients who are not time-critical."

I think you can be fairly sure that won't happen €15 million a year and not a lot of improvement part is what the money counters will see
    But obviously some of it will have to happen and I'm sure it will am hearing lots of good rumours for a change so hopefully it will come to pass :)

Wahayyyy movement job offers

• Advertisement

23rd march start

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

sjb25 wrote: »
    23rd march start

Congrats!

pauld81 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Unfortunately I mite be to far down the panel but I'm closer good to see movement

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newby88

Does anyone know how many have been taken from our panel so far? Good to see some movement!

newby88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many have been taken from our panel so far? Good to see some movement!

Not sure exactly but 18 this round and around 10 last time that's it

• Advertisement

Not sure exactly but 18 this round and around 10 last time that's it

And there was 14 on the panel before us

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HowYaDave

Well its great to see movement . hopefully like 2014 there will be offers in Jan and again in Feb.just wish I knew how many exactly went off our panel:) cause 1 story would give me a chance of making this class and another story would have me praying for another round of offers:) HELP!!!!!!

HowYaDave wrote: »
    Well its great to see movement . hopefully like 2014 there will be offers in Jan and again in Feb.just wish I knew how many exactly went off our panel:) cause 1 story would give me a chance of making this class and another story would have me praying for another round of offers:) HELP!!!!!!
    Email them and ask.

THANKS for the gr8 help.ill DO dat

adam88 wrote: »
    And there was 14 on the panel before us

Yeah I was just counting our panel there

As adam88 says email or ring them they are all really nice they will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭McCoy

brilliant to see things moving again guys, i wonder what chance a fella in the high twenties would have of making this class???? ....

As adam88 says email or ring them they are all really nice they will let you know

Thanks Adam an sjb.didnt realise they would give out so much info over phone.ill chance doing that

McCoy wrote: »
    brilliant to see things moving again guys, i wonder what chance a fella in the high twenties would have of making this class???? ....

I'd say a very good chance

Thanks Adam an sjb.didnt realise they would give out so much info over phone.ill chance doing that

No problem they are really nice up there they will tell you whatever they can

• Advertisement

Did ye get a confirmation email replying to yer expression of interest? I didn't ðŸ˜

Did ye get a confirmation email replying to yer expression of interest? I didn't ðŸ˜

Ya both I and one of my friends got a reply.did you maybe send your expression of interest outside office hours? Maybe that might be the reason you haven't received one as of yet.

Not yet but I sent mine outside office hours it's not automated so they have to reply manually so will be Monday now I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brotha Noomzy

Anyone else aside from me having second thoughts about this? I mean at the rate this panel is moving peoples circumstances and priorities are bound to change. I just started a new job in November last and I want to keep advancing myself. Thinking of going back to study part-time but worried it may clash with this down the line.

At the outset I really thought this is what I wanted but now i'm just having different views of where I want to be in another few years.

Lol sorry guys i'm not trying to bum you out i'm guessing most of you are dead set on this, just thought i'd see what the general mood is on the panel.

Anyone else aside from me having second thoughts about this? I mean at the rate this panel is moving peoples circumstances and priorities are bound to change. I just started a new job in November last and I want to keep advancing myself. Thinking of going back to study part-time but worried it may clash with this down the line.

At the outset I really thought this is what I wanted but now i'm just having different views of where I want to be in another few years.

Lol sorry guys i'm not trying to bum you out i'm guessing most of you are dead set on this, just thought i'd see what the general mood is on the panel.

I'm sure as you say people's circumstances have and will change for me this is what iv always wanted to do and no matter what job or course I'm doing when I get my call il drop it all to take up my place as I want this as a career and hopefully further myself to AP one day but that's me and that's what I want to do no matter how long I have to wait
    All of these panels take time every one before ours did aswell but we will get there
    I personally new this would take time and my attitude is iv waited this long another while really does not matter for the job that I want to do for the rest of my life

Your quite right, the class last year included many people from the2010 panel many of these declined the offer, possibly to some securing full time jobs, others emigrating, college courses etc. For example I'm sure many people started college after that course started, at this stage they're two years into that course. Many many people have done different hints since.

Tick tock

• Registered Users Posts: 49 herself_there

What's that D1 licence email about?
    I wonder why it's not a requirement anymore

What's that D1 licence email about?
    I wonder why it's not a requirement anymore

No idea but even with me sure I'm to far down it made me look twice for a min ha ha il have to complain

• Advertisement

great.. booked a test and all 120e ffs !!!!

Advertisement