Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened our streets?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Montroseee wrote: »
    Town to Sandycove is simply not a two hour walk.

If you power walk it absolutely can be. Quickest I've ever done it was 1:25.
    Timed myself from the bottom of Grafton Street to the gate of my house in Sandycove which is near the People's Park.

Basically walked in a straight line the whole way, the same route that the 7 or 7n would usually take, following the DART line. Bottom of Grafton Street, along by Trinity, through to Ballsbridge, then past the RDS, Merrion Centre, Vincent's, all the way along the rock road past Booterstown DART station, upper road through Blackrock (between the shopping centre and Frascati centre), straight through Monkstown, left at the church, keep walking until you get to Dun Laoghaire and then just down to the crossroads and through into Sandycove :D

The time I did it in 1:25 I was absolutely wired and didn't stop at all on the way, no traffic whatsoever so no need to stop at roads, listening to the Killers on my phone, walking fast enough to be in time with the drum beat.

It can be done.
    It must be noted, however, that I wasn't messy-drunk that night, only a little tipsy. If one has had a vast amount of drink I'd say it'd take a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Article in the Herald yesterday. There is a Bill on the way.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement