Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish teenager threathens to kill Guyana president

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

It's unusual to see Guyana in the news for something other than Jim Jones and Jonestown.

I'm surprised that he was prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Merge

Sound, on a side note, is it just me, or is " merge " the ugliest sounding word in the english language?

Just me then, (Gets coat.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

buyer95 wrote: »
    Sound, on a side note, is it just me, or is " merge " the ugliest sounding word in the english language?

Just me then, (Gets coat.)

Ill merge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Bail = slip over the border and GTFO.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Reportedly said: I'm guyana kill your president!
    lkionm wrote: »
    Ah sure there was no way he was guyana get away with it.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Gawana good thing.

etc.

*Cough*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

JRant wrote: »
    Bail = slip over the border and GTFO.

It's possible to do so but not without local help. It's not the sort of place for Irish kids with no survival skills to be messing around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

And he would have got away with it too, if it weren't for those pesky bodyguards!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

He better stay off the rum if he ever goes to Thailand.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2013/jan/25/press-freedom-thailand

So 11 years for insulting the King, what would someone get for threatening to kill him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

anncoates wrote: »
    *Cough*

*Fart*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Joe Lane

A lot of sanctimonious comment - maybe thats the norm here?

Even the tabloids have more a balanced and considered view then many on here -

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4872300/If-these-comments-were-made-then-it-was-in-jest-Cillian-wouldnt-hurt-a-fly.html

This is obviously a decent and intelligent young man who has been indiscreet in a bar late at night

Hands up anyone who can identify with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Joe Lane wrote: »

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/4872300/If-these-comments-were-made-then-it-was-in-jest-Cillian-wouldnt-hurt-a-fly.html

This is obviously a decent and intelligent young man who has been indiscreet in a bar late at night

Decent and intelligent? Events would suggest otherwise, boorish and stupid would be more appropriate adjectives methinks.

I've done a lot of stupid things while drunk, but I can't recall (perhaps due to blackout) ever jokingly threatening to asassinate a head of state in front of his bodyguards, that's just taking drunken sutpidity to a near heroic level.
    The worst he'll get is a 750 euro fine, he can consider it a stupidity tax and move on, I'm sure mummy and daddy will have no problem stumping it up for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Not a bad gig for a seventeen year old to get. A beautiful place with stunning women. All he had to do was mind his p's and q's, not be foolish and respect the natives.

Silly boy.

Joe Lane wrote: »

Book smart does not equate with street smarts. Mixing Caribbean rum with beer is not a smart move. No real good will come of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Degag wrote: »
    Lucky he's not in Saudi Arabia.

Yes,a threat to the president of Saudi really would wouldn't go down well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Another one of our fine young people doing us proud in foreign lands.

Another one of our fine young people doing us proud in foreign lands.

The Irish are grand for 13 days out of 14. But when we go on a binge, some of us hit the self destruct button. Even the soundest lad in the world turns into a muppet when he over indulgences and hits the top shelf.

Advertisement