Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish teenager threathens to kill Guyana president

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Reportedly said: I'm guyana kill your president!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Irish guy ana few beers. Nothing new.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. what a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Desperate for his moment of fame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Silly little boy.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Desperate for his moment of fame.

Ah sure there was no way he was guyana get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Jail him for a year, don't let him see his mammy and teach the **** a lesson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

I wonder if he had to do some type of fundraising to get there. He is in for some serious stick when he gets back. Rum clearly doesn't agree with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

A timely blow against the hegemony of irritating globetrotting students in niche locations.

Viva Guyana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

"Ma , yeah its me ... Ma listen , can you come and collect me , them two blokes I was tellin' ya about, they really were bodyguards , imagine that "

anncoates wrote: »
    A timely blow against the hegemony of irritating globetrotting students in niche locations.

Viva Guyana.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony I dont think you know what that word means and it certainly dosent apply to going to some far flung place next to Brazil that everyone here had not heard about.

Maybe if it was Africa as a lot of students tend to go there for a year building houses and that lark, even then that word is still just as wrong.

Hegemony is a control of power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

He only asked him if he wanted a shot. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

lkionm wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony I dont think you know what that word means and it certainly dosent apply to going to some far flung place next to Brazil that everyone here had not heard about.

Maybe if it was Africa as a lot of students tend to go there for a year building houses and that lark, even then that word is still just as wrong.

Hegemony is a control of power.

I'm sure you know well - it being AH - I was using the phrase as a sarcastic/jocular piss-take of cultural hegemony to describe some student/backpacker worldviews of host countries and their attitude to the norms therein.

You'll no doubt get a few admiring PMs from other students for your erudition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

muppet

anncoates wrote: »
    I'm sure you know well - it being AH - I was using the phrase in a sarcastic/jocular piss-take of cultural hegemony to describe some student/backpacker worldviews of host countries and their attitude to the norms therein.

You'll no doubt get a few admiring PMs from other students for your erudition though.

I was flexing my internet muscles for the lovely internet ladies.

I heard they all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

*Guyana

Were great with a few drinks in us:pac:

An Irish teenager has been charged with threatening to shoot and kill the president of Guyana during what his lawyer said was an alcohol-fuelled conversation with two of the leader’s bodyguards.

Cillian James Crossan, a 17-year-old volunteer with an aid group, was joking when he said he would shoot and kill president Donald Ramotar and said it because he did not believe the two men were really bodyguards, defence lawyer Glenn Hanoman said.

“He had been drinking beer since early the morning and had even mixed rum and beer and had them at the same time,” Mr Hanoman said. “I think that was the main factor at play when he argued with two of the guards.”

The incident occurred on Sunday at a rodeo in the rugged and remote Rupununi region along the country’s border with Brazil. The president was not there at the time.

Crossan pleaded not guilty to the charge before a local magistrate and released on the equivalent of about €240 bail over the objections of prosecutor Vishnu Hunte.

“The threat was directed to none other than the president of Guyana, his excellency Donald Ramotar, by a foreign national,” Mr Hunte said. “There is therefore a likelihood that he may flee the jurisdiction since he is not a resident of Guyana.”

The offence is classed as a minor crime and Crossan, who is in Guyana for one year as a volunteer with the British group Project Trust, faces a maximum sentence of a fine of no more than €770.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Don't mess with a drunken Irishman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Lucky he's not in Saudi Arabia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

buyer95 wrote: »
    “He had been drinking beer since early the morning and had even mixed rum and beer and had them at the same time,”

:eek: Drank them at the same time?

The rebel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Dumb fuck. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Degag wrote: »
    Lucky he's not in Saudi Arabia.

Pity he's not you mean.

All that would happen in the Guyana president would threaten to shoot Paddy Irishman, nothing would happen and it would all be over.

Eye for an eye and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

lkionm wrote: »

Gave a quick look, and saw no sign of a thread like it, my bad, please delete, mods.

I had been drinking beer since early the morning and had even mixed rum and beer and had them at the same time, and I guess just lost the run of myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Pity he's not you mean.

All that would happen in the Guyana president would threaten to shoot Paddy Irishman, nothing would happen and it would all be over.

Eye for an eye and all that!

Somehow i feel they wouldn't be so lenient!

Gave a quick look, and saw no sign of a thread like it, my bad, please delete, mods.

I had been drinking beer since early the morning and had even mixed rum and beer and had them at the same time, and I guess just lost the run of myself...

At the same time? Christ on a bike, thats a bannable offence on boards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Alcohol, the nectar of ****ing idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

The president was not there at the time.

Was a reasonable story til I got to this bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Merge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gawana good thing.

etc.

Advertisement