Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

If a zebra stood in front of "the wild place" would it be invisible?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Is "the wild place" across the road from a pub with the same name as well known fictional pub?

That's the one I was thinking of. But heaven knows what he meant!

tfer wrote: »
    If a zebra stood in front of "the wild place" would it be invisible?

We'll he'd be dead anyway having been knocked down! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

kn wrote:
    If you mean a certain pub with a reputation in the centre of town then I know the place - but its pure guesswork on my part that is the place your referring to?

Nope

Thank you.

I was going to let them stew though!

• Advertisement

I've seen many different beasts standing outside that place!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Iceland are already advertising jobs for their Tralee store. I wonder when they are planning on opening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Tralee folk I'm in need of yer help/ opinion.....

Which butcher's sell the nicest sausages in town? I'm looking for proper chunky ones....that have leeks etc in them. ... I'm doing dinner tonight :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

I'm trying to get my hands on an Enigma machine to figure out what's been going on in the last few posts........ :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm trying to get my hands on an Enigma machine to figure out what's been going on in the last few posts........ :confused:

Me too:confused: Sausages filled with leeks??? Whatever next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Regarding Iceland opening date, jobs website says start date of 31/10/15 for staff so guessing sometime in November? 14 positions advertised so nice jobs boost for the town!

xxyyzz wrote: »

Oh nowwwwwww I get it- So Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze the whole time? Well why didn't you just say so? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

xxyyzz wrote: »

I'd go to a doctor about that if I was you
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Wait, I'm confused. So the cops knew Internal Affairs were setting them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

is the irony lost on anyone else ?

Which butcher's sell the nicest sausages in town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dunno why I bothered! G'luk

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

did luke really not know who his father was?

A Dublin Coach passed me on Dan Spring Road both yesterday afternoon and this morning and both clearly had no passengers setting off from Tralee! I hope they are not discouraged. But I wonder if the Princess St location is not really that convenient for most people?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kn wrote: »
    A Dublin Coach passed me on Dan Spring Road both yesterday afternoon and this morning and both clearly had no passengers setting off from Tralee! I hope they are not discouraged. But I wonder if the Princess St location is not really that convenient for most people?

Only up an running a week so it will probably slowly build itself up,

They might get good numbers for the Football All Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Once students return to college they'll get pretty big numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Are the refugees coming to Tralee going to be using Ballymullen barracks again?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Reiver wrote: »

I hadn't heard about it. I remember when the Kosovans came to Tralee in the late 90's, I think it was. They were housed in Atlas house at the time. And perhaps other areas too, but I can't really remember. There are still quite a few of those families living in Tralee since, which is nice to see. I remember some of the kids, who are now all grown up & have kids of their own.

Reiver wrote: »

All the mobile homes were sold off there a few years ago, iirc the Civil Defence and Army are sharing the site now.

Maybe they'll buy new mobile homes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

siblers wrote: »
    Once students return to college they'll get pretty big numbers.

Especially when they are doing a deal for them

http://traleetoday.ie/dublin-coach-creates-new-jobs-on-kerry-routes/

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

kn wrote: »

I remember getting it from Limerick when it started and thinking i was the only person who knew what it was...a few months later you were lucky to get a seat!

if anyone wants to donate to the Refugee cause, here are the details on what's needed and also collection points.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_ltwYLjUB7fYEecms75A1IY7XHPLdORq_IiaOao0Rc/edit

11905431_1475793516055556_6828798353534864808_o.jpg

I have no issue with donations to refugees, but I wonder how many homeless people in Ireland would have to die before this sort of concerted effort would be made on their behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Dare I say that it has become the trendy cause de jour since that tragic photo of the child washed up on the beach? Yes, what is happening to those refugees is dreadful but there have been so many other man made catastrophes in the past that the Western World has turned a relative blind eye to. I applaud people's efforts for helping out here but I can't help having a degree of cynicism that there is a bit of a bandwagon element to this particular cause. The way people started posting about this on Facebook etc and who'd never have made a comment on previous equally tragic disasters.

Reminds me a little of all the hipsters who blindly support Palestine but ignore or never seem to have an opinion on any of the injustices happening in every other impoverished war torn nation in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Wang King wrote: »
    I have no issue with donations to refugees, but I wonder how many homeless people in Ireland would have to die before this sort of concerted effort would be made on their behalf?

As we seen with that poor homeless man that died outside Government buildings, you'll have the likes if Minister Alan kelly posing for the cameras for a few weeks. And then it will be forgotten about, and nothing will change!

• Advertisement

As we seen with that poor homeless man that died outside Government buildings, you'll have the likes if Minister Alan kelly posing for the cameras for a few weeks. And then it will be forgotten about, and nothing will change!

I was actually thinking of something a little closer to home, Sarah O'Keeffe who died here nearly 3 years ago, but yes, all deaths are completely horrific and are preventable imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement