Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA study group

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

NullZer0 wrote: »
    Need to look into the webex thing further - soon.

Would this suffice for people joining remotely? http://anymeeting.com/

Are we using the new google group? I requested membership the other day but still have not been accepted.

NullZer0 is busy studying afaik, might try get him to add a couple of moderators/admins to the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Just approved the latest ones.
    Kinet1c - PM Sent

Can people make sure that they are signing up to this link: http://goo.gl/4KMnV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Have just got an email but i do not have permissions to view :confused:

No panic though as my home bb just went fubar wont be back on for a day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Subscribed. Cheers lads.

I've sent out a Google Drive share email which will be useful for covering stuff during the study group. For the moment you will have view access.

Currently there is just 1 document which has all of the exam objectives for the existing syllabus. Having looked at the new syllabus... I want to take the old test. There appears to be a bit of a jump in difficulty for the new exam so it's going to be a busy summer. Deadline is 30th September to take old exam.

I cant see the group now thanks guys.

cisk wrote: »
    I cant see the group now thanks guys.

Can or can't? Just checking there's not a typo.

• Advertisement

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Can or can't? Just checking there's not a typo.

Apologies, i can indeed see the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I applied also, I have 2 Cisco 48 Port Switches ( Catalyst 3500 Series XL ) and 1 2950 24 port Switch.
    I have a 1700 cisco router and 1 2610 router.

I am sitting the CCENT exam next week and have no problem sharing this equipment with others here.

Paddy

How did your ccent exam go? I have set mine fot end of June and will sit secong part before 30th September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

zweton wrote: »
    How did your ccent exam go? I have set mine fot end of June and will sit secong part before 30th September.

Sitting it tomorrow, I will report back.. fail or pass..

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

guys,

can you recommend a cheap router with the IOS and the best place to pick one up. I'd like to use this at home and for study.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

+1

I've applied to join the group also. I could also have access to some equipment if required

I started the old CCNA intro exam but never finished. Really need to knuckle down and get the existing exams

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Good luck to you all in your CCNA journey. I'm CCNA certified and currently studying for my CCNP cert. I'll be happy to help out and answer questions on CCNA.

For people looking to practice using the command line I would recommend using Cisco's Packet Tracer program. You can find it on the web. It will save you a bit of money buying the real equipment and it allows you to build networks, be it a simple LAN with different VLANs to L3 routing be static or RIPv1/RIPv2, EIGRP and OSPF. It also has a nice trace function where you can see the packets going across the network.

Its more than enough to get you certified.

Tip of the day: Know your subnetting inside out.

Neon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Sitting my ICND1 soon, bricking it and would be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carog2013

would be interesed in study group if its ok to sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Up for this too if the time suits me for work, currently studying a Linux based course and then onto CCNA.

would be very interested when is it starting ??? have my ccna & would like to go for CCNP

• Advertisement

How is the study going folks?

Anybody having issues with particular areas of the syllabus?

NullZer0 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in setting up a free in person study group to teach and learn CCNA topics.

It would be a community based effort and it would be free. If anyone is interested in participating or contributing please let me know.

In order to do this, I would need multiple contributors.
    I'm based in the Dublin area and we could possibly start something from Saturday June 15th if we have the numbers and can get a suitable location.

I would guess that we would run about 8 weeks, either one evening per week or one day on the weekend - it would vary.

Hey if it's not to late I'd be very interested please keep me posted

How are the cert preparations coming along for folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Kinet1c wrote: »
    How are the cert preparations coming along for folks?

Ive decided to hold off on the old CCNA and just take the new exam. Too many things going on at the moment. Hoping the get some nuggets for the new exam and take it by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Can anyone answer a question for me on the sims?
    Just wondering if they mark the final solution/config, or do they dock marks for mistakes and typos that are corrected along the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Can anyone answer a question for me on the sims?
    Just wondering if they mark the final solution/config, or do they dock marks for mistakes and typos that are corrected along the way?

If you typo a command then it won't work. The actual sims need every command complete to achieve the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Sir_Badshot

tab works to auto complete in exam sim.

Advertisement