Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh god, I'm turning into my Mother/Father

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

My mum will hear a phrase and if that phrase is somewhere in a song she knows she will start singing the song. Really annoying.

Now I do it too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

biko wrote: »
    My mum will hear a phrase and if that phrase is somewhere in a song she knows she will start singing the song. Really annoying.

Now I do it too...

I do that all the time too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

My dad chats away to himself all the time, and when he's doing anything that requires a few steps (cooking, fixing something, etc.) he says "now!" really quietly every minute or so. I always found it really cute. He was out in my house doing a little job for me recently, and I was pottering around doing my own thing, and noticed both of us were saying "now!" every few mins. I couldn't stop laughing! I thought I would turn into my mother and all the while I seem to be turning into my da!
    I've found myself listening to music that my Father listened to when I was a kid.
    I've also noticed my son (teenager) now listening to music that i listened to, when he was a kid.
    No doubt about it, we do inherit a lot of beliefs and viewpoints from our parents.
    We might argue with their viewpoints and beliefs when we are young, but trust me, it's registered in our cerebullum and re-emerges when we get older.

I notice this too. I used to think my folks were strict and a bit conservative when I was younger, but I have very much taken on a lot of their values and stuff as I get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Back in the days when Top of the Pops was still around my late father would drive me nuts by entering the room, stand right in front of the telly (right in the middle of my way) staring in disbelief at the state of the stars of the day and clearly wondering what was that racket that passed for music was. Years later I was doing precisely the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

biko wrote: »

Now I do it too...

Mine used to do that too! Thankfully not something I'm doing myself. Yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I was just thinking that the other day when I riding an au pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ahhh. *sits down in chair*
    Loads of phrases as well, "what did your last maid die of??" and to the missus when she picked me up from work "home Jeeves, and don't spare the horses". :)

Advertisement