Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Press

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Hotpress, wasn't it true that 99% of the journalists went missing a few years ago and were eventually dragged, clawing and screaming, from the depths of their own Arse-hles?

The entire history of this great Irish institution can be summed up thus:

W**k w*nky w*nk w*nk,
    W*nk! W*nyw*nk w*wnk w*nk w*nk,
    W*NK!!!!!
    W*nk! W*nyw*nk w*wnk w*nk w*nk W*NK-W*NK!!!!
    W*nk.
    W*nky w*nky w*nk w*nk
    W*nk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good man yourself !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Lapin wrote: »
    I hate these stupid answers.

Just because something is available on the net doesn't make it any way superior.

Nor does the web supercede a magazine, newspaper, book or anything else that is still available in hard copy.

I remember being sneered at in a pub a while back by a snotty little tart because I asked the barman to check something for me on Aertel.
    "Aertel, OMG you're like so 1980s", or words to that effect.

So I challenged the KPMG daughter type twat to a duel.
    Lets see who'll be the first to find the winner of the 4.35 in The Curragh.
    Me with the pub remote control versus you with your iPhone which we both place on the bar counter as soon as one of us wins.

"Ready Stedy go...."
    I pressed 4 buttons on the remote and within 5 seconds the results of every race that day were on the TV screen for the whole pub to see.

She had got as far as typing 'racing resu' on her search engine.

It shut the scarlet faced cow up big time.

You go, girl!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

fatknacker wrote: »
    You go, girl!

She did go. Shortly afterwards !

And she left very quietly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

She did go. Shortly afterwards !

And she left very quietly too.

You should totally seek her out and challenge her to another duel, the stupid bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hotpress, wasn't it true that 99% of the journalists went missing a few years ago and were eventually dragged, clawing and screaming, from the depths of their own Arse-hles?

The entire history of this great Irish institution can be summed up thus:

W**k w*nky w*nk w*nk,
    W*nk! W*nyw*nk w*wnk w*nk w*nk,
    W*NK!!!!!
    W*nk! W*nyw*nk w*wnk w*nk w*nk W*NK-W*NK!!!!
    W*nk.
    W*nky w*nky w*nk w*nk
    W*nk.

:D

Ach, it had it's time and place, it was founded in a time contraception, divorce, homosexuality and abortion were illegal.

3 of those are gone, 1 should be, it played a part in changing attitudes to the first three as there was little outlet for young voices, most emigrated, and political parties were still listening to the Church. Haughey giving his interview to Hot Press was a sign the establishment was starting to listen, within a decade contraception, homosexuality and divorce were legal.

It's outdated now, had its time and place, bit like Time and Newsweek had their place, new media has overtaken them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

mike65 wrote: »
    Not read Airing Cupboard for decades and it was always full of the most appallingly "right on" commentary.

Am, excuse me, it's called 'Rock Cupboard', get it right. Jeez.

:pac:

Witchie wrote: »
    I worked for them in the mid 90's and they were amazing to work for. Fun family atmosphere. Cant afford to buy it regularly now but still love to get it from time to time. It is still well respected in the music industry and plays a big role in helping break bands through.

They have been and still are great at getting important messages out there. I love the support to the anti water fluoridation campaign they are giving and find their work well researched and put together.

Maybe im biased as that was the best working life I had and I miss it big style. Niall Stokes is one life's true gentlemen.

That's very likely.

Ava_e wrote: »
    Last time I checked there was a paywall to their site.

Finger on the pulse as always.

In fairness, paywalls seem to be turning up more and more on various publication's websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They were very anti FF

Always one of HPs redeeming qualities...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Magazines?
    Sure ya can read everything on the net now

Hot Press is not free online, you might get one paragraph of an article but then if you want to read the rest you have to subscribe and pay the sponds.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I hate these stupid answers.

Just because something is available on the net doesn't make it any way superior.

Nor does the web supercede a magazine, newspaper, book or anything else that is still available in hard copy.

I remember being sneered at in a pub a while back by a snotty little tart because I asked the barman to check something for me on Aertel.
    "Aertel, OMG you're like so 1980s", or words to that effect.

So I challenged the KPMG daughter type twat to a duel.
    Lets see who'll be the first to find the winner of the 4.35 in The Curragh.
    Me with the pub remote control versus you with your iPhone which we both place on the bar counter as soon as one of us wins.

"Ready Stedy go...."
    I pressed 4 buttons on the remote and within 5 seconds the results of every race that day were on the TV screen for the whole pub to see.

She had got as far as typing 'racing resu' on her search engine.

It shut the scarlet faced cow up big time.

not defending the girl as i wasn't there, but really you sound a bit bitter over a casual statement that she made. Also, to be FAIR you were probably so used to doing your aertel horse racing that you knew exactly what buttons to press. you SHOULD have picked a neutral topic such as travel, world capitals, etc. Its all very nice bragging how fast you were compared to her but in reality you had been doing it for years. Would have liked to see you struggle on aertel over a topic you didn't look at constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Witchie wrote: »
    Cant afford to buy it regularly now but still love to get it from time to time.
    if you have a tesco clubcard...

€17.50 in Clubcard Vouchers gives
    Hot Press Annual Subscription (24 Issues)

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/Hotpress.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Airing cupboard

Advertisement