Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ireland v Qantas Wallabies

For fcuks sake, is this actually what we are supposed to refer to them as now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

For fcuks sake, is this actually what we are supposed to refer to them as now?
    Has been since around 2003 actually.
    Edit: think it is actually second time around for Qantas in sponsoring the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think I'm right in saying that the 02 Ireland Wolfhounds is the A team's full name?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

@justindee, obviously you aren't an official rep here, but maybe you know someone who could answer these.

Scenario A: Ireland v Portugal in the soccer World Cup playoffs scheduled for Friday 15th 8pm. Can this game go ahead?

Scenario B. Ireland v Portugal in the soccer World Cup playoffs scheduled for Friday 15th 8pm. 10 inches of rain fall in Dublin that day, the ref says play isn't possible. FIFA invoke their 24 hour rule and look for a 4PM kickoff on the Saturday. What happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The Kiwi's aren't playing a 4th Autumn International test this year so we're more than likely their last game of the season.

Edit: Yeah we are, they play France and England on the weekends before us.

They're not even playing OZ in Hong Kong on the way up either, they're playing in Dunedin instead!

It could either work for or against Ireland - if the ABs lose to England (again :(), then watch out Ireland. On the other hand if NZ beat England, Ireland has a royal chance against what would probably be a somewhat complacent Kiwi team, with half an eye on the beach back home. Especially if it is O'Driscoll's final match in a green jumper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Swiwi wrote: »
    It could either work for or against Ireland - if the ABs lose to England (again :(), then watch out Ireland. On the other hand if NZ beat England, Ireland has a royal chance against what would probably be a somewhat complacent Kiwi team, with half an eye on the beach back home. Esepcially, if it IS O'Driscoll's final match in a green jumper.

I'm gonna round up all the patients in hospitals with winter vomiting bug and send them round to the ABs hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If it's BOD's last game the Kiwis will be up for it.

It'll be billed as BOD's last chance to break Ireland's duck, and the ABs are very proud of that record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

It'll be billed as BOD's last chance to break Ireland's duck, and the ABs are very proud of that record.

True, but they'll still be targeting the English game as the "must-win" of the tour. Even if they're up for it, they might just let the guard down a bit, if/once the English are safely dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dollarbills

Guys/Girls...

Could anyone help me on this, I'm looking for 25/30 tickets for the Ireland v Australia game on the 16th November. Planning a stag do and thinking of going to the game. Any help would be appreciated:).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Guys/Girls...

Could anyone help me on this, I'm looking for 25/30 tickets for the Ireland v Australia game on the 16th November. Planning a stag do and thinking of going to the game. Any help would be appreciated:).

There's tickets still available through Ticketmaster I think... Although there may be a limit on how many you can buy.

If you're feeling flush you can get premium boxes reserved, although I don't know how much that'd set you back... Contact info on the below link.

http://www.avivastadium.ie/stadium-info/tickets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Guys/Girls...

I dunno. Are Australia worthy opposition for Ireland these days? Might want to go to a game where the lads have to work up a bit of a sweat.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    I dunno. Are Australia worthy opposition for Ireland these days? Might want to go to a game where the lads have to work up a bit of a sweat.

Yep, plenty of tickets still left for Samoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭dtpc191991

It may well be Ireland's last chance ever now. =(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

IRFU just released more tickets for the New Zealand match.

DGRulz wrote: »
    IRFU just released more tickets for the New Zealand match.

Thinking of getting the pair for Samoa/NZ. Is there anywhere you can buy the tickets to avoid that extortionate ticketmaster charge?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The ticketmaster booth in the stephen's green shopping centre used to sell tickets without the charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Thinking of getting the pair for Samoa/NZ. Is there anywhere you can buy the tickets to avoid that extortionate ticketmaster charge?

Used to be the case that if you went to a ticketmaster outlet, you would avoid the charge, not sure if it still applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Picked up a pair of tickets for New Zealand/Samoa pack. Halfway line, upper deck, Row A. Score.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

I think Bord Bia should be recruited to the new Zealand camp when theyre over here in November. Otherwise, if we did manage to beat them, they'll undoubtably have had 'food poisoning' again...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    I think Bord Bia should be recruited to the new Zealand camp when theyre over here in November. Otherwise, if we did manage to beat them, they'll undoubtably have had 'food poisoning' again...

If you are referring to the English test last year, their Norovirus sweeping the camp was well documented and beyond dispute and wasn't even used as an excuse post-match.

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    I really wish they'd stop doing this limited release crap. I went looking for tickets a month ago, saw they were sold out, and assumed that was that. If I hadn't seen this thread, I would have missed out on tickets entirely.

I think they're tickets that clubs didn't buy, don't think it's limited releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Klunk_NZ wrote: »
    If you are referring to the English test last year, their Norovirus sweeping the camp was well documented and beyond dispute and wasn't even used as an excuse post-match.

I think maybe he was referring to the '95 final

Tickets sorted for Samoa/NZ, although you had to buy them online. I took up my lunch hour going to a booth in town only to be told that the tickets are only sold online. Damn Ticketmaster and their bloody monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Tickets sorted for Samoa/NZ, although you had to buy them online. I took up my lunch hour going to a booth in town only to be told that the tickets are only sold online. Damn Ticketmaster and their bloody monopoly.

Also just got the NZ/Samoa tickets even after passing on getting them the first time. Gotta love impulses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I bought tickets to the Samoa match around 2 months ago,but I've never bought tickets online before.Should they have come by now or will they arrive closer to the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

If I remember correctly from last year it was end of September/October that I got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

I think maybe he was referring to the '95 final

Sheesh I hope not considering the food poisoning happened a whopping 18 years ago.

Klunk_NZ wrote: »
    Sheesh I hope not considering the food poisoning happened a whopping 18 years ago.

Ugh. I feel old. Or maybe it was my breakfast. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

.ak wrote: »
    Ugh. I feel old. Or maybe it was my breakfast. :(

I just feel depressed. That was one RWC where NZ actually were as good as the hype. But what fate and the warm fuzzy feelings of reunification have decreed, no black magic can get in the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement