Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Internationals

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

Ireland are playing NZ on the 23rd of Nov but does anyone know the dates for the Australia and Samoa games

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think they announce the exact dates until around the time of the summer tours, if I was to guess I'd say that Australia would be on the 9th of Nov and Samoa the 16th, this is going with the history of having the lowest ranked opponents in the middle.

There isn't any soccer match scheduled for November either so I'd imagine all 3 games will be full tests in the Aviva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Will be announced sometime in May

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Clareman wrote: »
    I don't think they announce the exact dates until around the time of the summer tours, if I was to guess I'd say that Australia would be on the 9th of Nov and Samoa the 16th, this is going with the history of having the lowest ranked opponents in the middle.

There isn't any soccer match scheduled for November either so I'd imagine all 3 games will be full tests in the Aviva

World Cup Playoffs are the 15th and 19th Nov so no Autumn Int will be scheduled for the Aviva that weekend (unlikely as us qualifying for a playoff is)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I wouldn't imagine Samoa would be too impressed if they aren't granted full test status considering they are ranked above us.

I wouldn't imagine Samoa would be too impressed if they aren't granted full test status considering they are ranked above us.

I'd agree (fwiw I think Fiji were treated poorly as well).

I suppose if no other weekend was available that you could technically schedule the rugby for say 6pm on the Saturday.
    If the soccer team is home in the first leg then it would leave overnight and early saturday to get pitch markings/goal posts/advertising etc sorted for the rugby.
    And if the soccer team was home in the second leg Tuesday the grounsdmen would have 48 hours to do the needed pitch repairs etc.

Not sure how feasible all that would be, or whether UEFA insists on the 16th being left available in case something (deluge, powercut) prevents the 15th being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

World Cup Playoffs are the 15th and 19th Nov so no Autumn Int will be scheduled for the Aviva that weekend (unlikely as us qualifying for a playoff is)

FAI will probably schedule a friendly for that period otherwise though. Teams that usually don't make the playoffs usually do, anyway (Estonia had to cancel a friendly last time out!).

I think weeks 2,3 and 4 are the Celtic league window for internationals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_end-of-year_rugby_union_tests so the games will be played then, I guess a Sunday could be used as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'm sure they will get full a full test match but it will probably be played at Thomond or perhaps Ravenhill but I dont think the redevelopment will be finished and even then it would 8k smaller than Thomond.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

bilston wrote: »
    I'm sure they will get full a full test match but it will probably be played at Thomond or perhaps Ravenhill but I dont think the redevelopment will be finished and even then it would 8k smaller than Thomond.
    We can't move full internationals from the aviva due to the naming rights contract with Aviva.

We can't move full internationals from the aviva due to the naming rights contract with Aviva.

Of course thats right. Well in that case if we dont give Samoa a full test then they should refuse to play us.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does the fai have priority for scheduling?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I can't possibly imagine they would considering it's essentially a rugby stadium. I imagine they'd get priority here though as it's a competitive match as opposed to a 'friendly' (I don't view test matches as such but you get the idea)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It's co-owned now, though. I imagine they alternate priority, as the football will only be competitive every other year, if that, even.

awec wrote: »
    Does the fai have priority for scheduling?

No.

JustinDee wrote: »
    No.

I'm sure theres a gentlemens agreement in the background?

November every second year is the only time the FAI are given an inflexible fixture where they are told to play at home on an exact date; the rest of their fixtures can be placed home or away in various slots in the calendar in agreement with the opposition.

So given its a once every 24 months thing I'd have thought the rugby would have agreed to keep it free.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bacz

Hi,
    Any idea when we should expect tickets sale especially for All Blacks game?
    Summer or early.

Regards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

bacz wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any idea when we should expect tickets sale especially for All Blacks game?
    Summer or early.

Regards

They will start selling in the summer. To clubs and to commercial partners.

If it goes on sale to joe public, which the ABs match mightn't, it probably won't be till October.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bacz

Thanks for quick respond.
    If it goes to clubs and others i do not think it be available for public.
    So best chance to get ticket is join Irish Rugby Supporters Club or something similar?
    Am I right?

Regards

We're playing Australia on the 9th and Samoa on the 16th. Don't mind this "announced in May" stuff.

Details for the Guinness Series are not yet finalised. This applies to all of the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MBolgia

Details for the Guinness Series are not yet finalised. This applies to all of the tests.
    New Zealand rugby website offering trips to Irelandfor game on Saturday 23rd November. They seem to know when it's on.

• Advertisement

Hey, just letting you know that dates and matches still to be finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

You could make an educated guess though, which is what TL has done.

That is not true.

You changed your post to the above for some reason.
    It is true and you'll see why when details are released.
    I'm not looking for some petty argument here. Just sharing some info as much as permitted at the mo. Ok doke? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

To be honest folks, JustinDee is NOT an Official Verified Rep so this is pointless really, and probably a tad pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What I really want to hear is whether or not my dream of the NZ game being BOD's testimonial will come true.

Ideally the order of the matches will be...

Samoa
    Australia
    New Zealand

We'll get better as the series goes on and the SH sides will get tireder.

Kick-off times for the 2013 Guinness Series have been confirmed!

Three games in November, with Kahn Fotuali'i's Samoa, an Australian side fresh off the Lions tour and the World Champion All Blacks on the menu.

It's going to be a great November!

2013 Guinness Series Kick off Times
    Ireland v Manu Samoa, Saturday, 9th November, K.O. 17.45
    Ireland v Qantas Wallabies, Saturday, 16th November, K.O. 17.45
    Ireland v All Blacks, Sunday, 24th November, K.O. 14.00

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Both a nightmare and an opportunity for a new coach.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Kiwi's aren't playing a 4th Autumn International test this year so we're more than likely their last game of the season.

Edit: Yeah we are, they play France and England on the weekends before us.

They're not even playing OZ in Hong Kong on the way up either, they're playing in Dunedin instead!

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    Ideally the order of the matches will be...

Samoa
    Australia
    New Zealand
    Nicely done.

Advertisement