Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster backline future

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,910 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Boss certainly needs a kick up the backside anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I saw Niall Morris playing for Leicester against Northampton over the weekend, he looked good; evaded tackles and made ground with most carries, one excellent kick out of hand and looked fine under any high ball that came his way. Whats the chances of him coming back to Leinster, if not this summer when his contract ends? Given Leinsters lack of wingers for next season would he be a useful addition without taking up a NIQ spot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I saw Niall Morris playing for Leicester against Northampton over the weekend, he looked good; evaded tackles and made ground with most carries, one excellent kick out of hand and looked fine under any high ball that came his way. Whats the chances of him coming back to Leinster, if not this summer when his contract ends? Given Leinsters lack of wingers for next season would he be a useful addition without taking up a NIQ spot?

signed a new contract recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Only signed a new deal a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hard to see him wanting to come really, he'd be leaving a better team (imo) in a better league (clearly) for us. Only motivator I could imagine would be getting a look in for Ireland but he'd have a lot of people to get ahead of. Just have to hope he's got a passion for Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

matthew8 wrote: »
    Hard to see him wanting to come really, he'd be leaving a better team (imo) in a better league (clearly) for us. Only motivator I could imagine would be getting a look in for Ireland but he'd have a lot of people to get ahead of. Just have to hope he's got a passion for Leinster.

Leicester are not a better team then us, we have faced them twice in the last five seasons and won both times. They haven't won anything in a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Leicester are not a better team then us, we have faced them twice in the last five seasons and won both times. They haven't won anything in a few years now.

They won the pool of death in the Heineken and Leinster really haven't been very good at all this year. Hard to use a couple of scraped victories as evidence we're better either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

They won the pool of death in the Heineken and Leinster really haven't been very good at all this year. Hard to use a couple of scraped victories as evidence we're better either.
    Their pool wasn't a poolof death, personally I'd have prefered to be in it than Leinster's pool

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nonetheless, a move to Leinster isn't really a step back for anyone. Sideways perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I wonder if Leinster have thought about making a move for George North? Northampton hsve made an offer why not Leinster?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

bilston wrote: »
    I wonder if Leinster have thought about making a move for George North? Northampton hsve made an offer why not Leinster?

why would they?

If they are going to go after a NIQ player they should really be targeting a player who won't be missing every year for the 6N

why would they?

If they are going to go after a NIQ player they should really be targeting a player who won't be missing every year for the 6N

Well maybe but then Ruan Pienaar is missing ever September and November for Ulster and I'd say he has proved value for money.

North is one of the best wingers in the world so it depends whether its a sacrifice worth making or not. I'd say it is but maybe others would think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Well maybe but then Ruan Pienaar is missing ever September and November for Ulster and I'd say he has proved value for money.

North is one of the best wingers in the world so it depends whether its a sacrifice worth making or not. I'd say it is but maybe others would think differently.
    North would be missing September, November, February and March. Doubt he'd be worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

North would be missing September, November, February and March. Doubt he'd be worth the money.

That and he only covers wing right? Having someone who can cover FB too is the priority

clsmooth wrote: »
    That and he only covers wing right? Having someone who can cover FB too is the priority

He plays left wing does he not?

Edit - sorry misread your post!

Yes he only plays wing.

Why would he be missing in September? He is good enough for Northampton!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Why would he be missing in September? He is good enough for Northampton!

Lions tour means he will probably have the first couple weeks of the season off

Advertisement