Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You 'feels' you lose

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Slydice wrote: »
    It's so moving :(

My missus showed it to me last night and the two of us sat there blubbering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This made me forget all the drama around Fine Bros for 10 minutes. Moving video.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12178110/Boy-11-dictates-heartbreaking-note-to-parents-hours-before-his-death-from-cancer.html

Boy, 11, dictates heartbreaking note to parents hours before his death from cancer
    Finlay Church's parents have released his final letter to mark Brain Tumour Awareness Month.

The parents of Finlay Church, a young boy who died last November from brain cancer, have released his final letter to mark Brain Tumour Awareness Month.
    Finlay dictated the letter to family friend Claire Whitehead just four days before he passed away at his home in Alvechurch.

LETTER IN FULL
    Finlay's letter
    Why am I doing this? To tell people how I feel.
    My name is Finlay Church. I like my name. I like chocolate and food. I’ve always loved food.
    I do often swear to myself in my head. Sometimes I say the “s” word in my head when I have pain.
    The pain feels like pain, I can’t explain it in any other way and I feel fed up.
    Because it’s boring and I’m fed up of this feeling every day.
    I feel tired and have pain in my muscles and I’m fed up with being fat.
    I’m sat in bed being quizzed by Auntie Claire. As normal, Auntie Claire is accompanied by a glass of fizz.
    We are looking at photos of my family and friends. I love all the pictures that are flickering on.
    At this point in my letter I would like to say ‘chop chop’ to my mother to bring my tea.
    To my mum – I’ve got no idea what to say. I’m just so fed up. I’m sick of going through it.
    I love my crazy mum, you are nuts, bolts, amazing, incredible… You help me go through this, you wash me, you feed me, and you love me. I can’t tell you how much I love you and appreciate your help. You are the best mum in the world.
    I’m a little bit scared, just of cancer.
    My dad! You’re more sensible than mum and more mature. I love you to bits because you are so caring and supportive and you don’t get drunk as much as mum.
    Macca, you are a really nice brother. You are there when you want to be. I know you struggle sometimes seeing me poorly but I know you wish the best for me.
    I love you even though people thought we were twins and I am nearly two years older – but it’s mum I blame for dressing us the same.
    Tegan, you can be a pain in the bottom but I will always love you and forgive you because you are just so cute.
    Rico, my dog, you big daft ball of wool. You have made my family better and you have improved the improbable. I just wish you had a brain and a muzzle.
    To cancer, ‘F’ cancer. You have made my life change. Good and bad.
    Shall we start with the good? We got a dog, it has brought my family closer, we have raised thousands of pounds for Brain Tumour Research and Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
    I have had experiences I never thought I would have, thanks to the local community and friends and family.
    I’m just so happy that people have helped.
    Now the poo side of cancer. The rubbish side is the drugs and feeling so crap.
    I’m a bit scared of losing the fight. I hope I don’t. I’ve just got to keep on fighting.
    When I grow up I want to be the best armed policeman that Birmingham has ever had.
    I want to help my local area to say thank you for all their support and generosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

That Calvin one is depressing and scary. I still feel like parents need to slow it down on medicating their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if this doesnt get you, you might not be human

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

*takes a breath*

oh that just got me like the moment the singing started

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The poor child. I feel like that was really unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

eviltwin wrote: »
    The poor child. I feel like that was really unnecessary.

Some people would do anything to get 'famous' on youtube, even playing with the emotions of a vulnerable little girl. Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That video of the child crying is pathetic. I'm not having a go at the poster but the actual person who recorded it.
    What a completely unfair thing to do.

• Advertisement

mjlgSHQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

razorblunt wrote: »
    That video of the child crying is pathetic. I'm not having a go at the poster but the actual person who recorded it.
    What a completely unfair thing to do.

That's a fake title on the video. I saw this one last year, the real story is the child just cries at a song that makes her sad, apparently it's from her parents wedding day and it's the song playing to their photo album on the PC:

^^^ Hugely relieved!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Baloo the bear, Leo the lion and Shere Khan the tiger have spent the last 15 years peacefully coexisting at Noah’s Ark Animal Shelter in Georgia. Known as the BLT, they were rescued in 2001 from the basement of a house in Atlanta during a police drug raid. They were kept in the basement in terrible conditions, and Baloo had to have surgery to remove an ingrowing harness that hadn’t been adjusted as he’d grown. That was the only time the trio have ever been separated however, and they’ve spent every happy day together since.

lion-tiger-bear-unusual-friendship-animal-shelter-georgia-4.jpg

It doesn't bear thinking what they must've gone through before they were rescued. :( :mad:

More here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

380882.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

10623096_1118540174864999_2662700165414750779_n.png?oh=075d81d06f1f49a66b162496fb29eff0&oe=57968AB6&__gda__=1464580489_821fc290c6974a4097ae3607faa2798f

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

323678.jpg

Rover alone]

Relevant -

spirit.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

325086.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Listening to your favorite band live is an emotional experience for anyone, but for a young Mexican boy with autism it was more like cathartic — and is sure to melt your heart.

Last weekend, the 6-year-old boy went with his parents to a Coldplay concert in Mexico City’s Foro Sol stadium.

When Chris Martin started singing his sentimental "Fix You," the boy started crying and gesturing dramatically, as his father Luis Vasquez – also clearly a big Coldplay fan – kissed him and hugged him trying to comfort him.

Vasquez couldn’t help but become emotional as well and at one point took his son into his arms while singing the words to him.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/entertainment/2016/04/26/father-and-autistic-son-break-22m-hearts-with-video-captured-during-coldplay/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

^^^Well, that was lovely. I do find the main lyric a little, what's the word, unfortunate, when related to this case but that's obviously not the point so still very nice.

Really lovely song. Different kind of "feels".
    And when I grow to be a poppy in the graveyard
    I will send you all my love upon the breeze

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

13254779_2724709157576257_793198260512456964_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

“Everything I have today, all of my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, is due to you,”

omGgJPx.gif

334560.jpg

I'd seen most of them before... but the second last one...

Ukrainians overstepping the anti-tank mines

334648.jpg

334555.jpg

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    334555.jpg

CNN:
    Arnold Abbott handed out four plates of food to homeless people in a South Florida park. Then police stopped the 90-year-old from serving up another bite.
    "An officer said, 'Drop that plate right now -- like I had a weapon,'" Abbott said.
    Abbott and two pastors in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, were charged for feeding the homeless in public on Sunday, the city's first crackdowns under a new ordinance banning public food sharing, CNN affiliate WPLG reported.
    Now they face possible jail time and a $500 fine, WPLG said.
    Despite some criticism from homeless advocates, city officials have vowed the new rules will be enforced.
    "Just because of media attention we don't stop enforcing the law. We enforce the laws here in Fort Lauderdale," Mayor Jack Seiler told WPLG.
    He defended the law in an interview with the Sun-Sentinel newspaper.
    "I'm not satisfied with having a cycle of homeless in the city of Fort Lauderdale," Seiler said. "Providing them with a meal and keeping them in that cycle on the street is not productive."

Advertisement