Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish brekkie in a cafe - would you accept dairyspreads?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

Real butter for me. End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

mikemac1 wrote: »
    If there are the big 1kg bottles of Kandee ketchup on the table I'm walking out

Sign of a cheapskate owner

Had Kandee ketchup recently (not in an eating establishment) - it is far nicer than I remembered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Butter and spread are both disgusting. Slimy saltiness.... ugh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Breakfast.B-R-E-A-K-F-A-S-T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Am I the only anus that misread the title as Irish bukkake in a cafe.... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Marketing is truly amazing.

Those who doubt its power are idiots.

I mean watered down milk - and sold for a higher price!

and of course, unsaleable vegetable oil, mixed with soya protein or similar and sold as 'butter'.

Yup, we live in wondrous times.

:D And don't forget we well an awful lot of people buy there water to drink now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I hate butter and all spreads, bareback all the way.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

No.

I'd call the waitress over, and in the strongest Monaghan accent I could put on, I'd ask -

Where's the Champion Butthur hey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Lapin wrote: »
    No.

I'd call the waitress over, and in the strongest Monaghan accent I could put on, I'd ask -

Where's the Champion Butthur hey ?

And if she said, "Arrr sure I've only got Kerrymaid" would you be polite?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

See last night that Dairygold have a ad on tv saying "butter it with dairygold". Using butter as a verb here is downright cheeky when it isn't butter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In Asia, your butterpack comes straight from the freezer and brown bread doesn't exist. But like... Whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

In Asia, your butterpack comes straight from the freezer and brown bread doesn't exist. But like... Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Kold wrote: »

We get it. You're in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

See last night that Dairygold have a ad on tv saying "butter it with dairygold". Using butter as a verb here is downright cheeky when it isn't butter.

Uh oh, I sense a massive law-suit case coming, why that's the most blatant case of false advertising Ive seen since the suit against the movie The Neverending Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lando Griffins OTHER HALF

Butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I like my spread like I like my women.

In a neat package in the fridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I like my butter like I like my men, cold and hard. And a salty aftertaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Real butter gives me heartburn. It also tastes horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I used to do a bit of tiling. Putting adhesive on an individual tile instead of on the floor or wall was called "back-buttering".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I picked 2 as I wouldn't eat that butter substitute crap but tbh, if the breakfast foods themselves were really nice I'd probably go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

again the absence of an Atari Jaguar spread option on this poll indicates the declining standards of Boards.ie debates on topics of national importance,and woe to the first poster to ask WTF?

Advertisement