Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student - assessment test

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ralna

I had an interview today, too. fluffynoeshair, how was yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fluffynoeshair

Ralna wrote: »
    I had an interview today, too. fluffynoeshair, how was yours?

Good question. Not entirely sure how it went, a lot of awkward silences. For most of it I felt as if I had a mouth full of marbles, stuttering over my words. Pretty intimidating.

How'd you get on?

Mine was a skype interview because I am not in Ireland and the connection was not so good. I had one for BCL and after that for BCL INTERNATIONAL. What are you applying for? The interviews were around 7-8 minutes each. I asked them when will we know, but they saidthey don't know and I have to ask someone else.... Ar least it's over ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fluffynoeshair

I applied for a BCL. My interview lasted for about 15mins id say, was kinda hard to keep track of time in there. They told me that we could ring the admissions office in mid June, they should be able to tell us then. There was only about 40 for the interviews, and when you take into mind that they were for all the Law disciplines, chances aren't that bad that we may get an offer.

Call them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I've also applied for the BCL. I rang today and was told it would be another week before they would know, she suggested ringing on Tuesday next. I thought the interview went quite well so I'm eager to know if I'm in or not so I can start making plans for BCL day or evening BCL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Grahamb23

Hi all, I will be applying for the same course as a mature student starting sep 2015. How was the assessment test and interview?? would any of ye have any tips ???

Well, I wrote about the interview here, so I will tell you only for the assessment test. Mine was 2 questions, if I remember correctly. There were around 10 topics and you have to choose 1 and write. We were not told anything about structure or lenght or anything. Most of the topics were related to Ireland, but I didn't know anything about Ireland, so I wrote about gay marriage.
    The other question was a problem question. Mine was about a farmer that shot a thief and the thief died. And If I was DPP what would I charge him with. And you have all the relevant laws written - elements of murder, manslaughter etc. They say that you do not need to have legal knowledge, but I think you have to have legal thinking (i fthere is even an expression like that :D). There is a chance that you don't have to do them though, cuz my assessment test was in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Grahamb23 wrote: »
    Hi all, I will be applying for the same course as a mature student starting sep 2015. How was the assessment test and interview?? would any of ye have any tips ???

I think you will have to contact the faculty office and ask about the assessment.They were held in April or May in previous years

Advertisement