Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Meet Up - 4 - Friday April 12th

Options
  • 27-03-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Time to get the ball rolling for Meet Up 4. For those who are regulars here on the LGBT boards page you will know exactly what i'm talking about but for any newbies/lurkers the threads below will take you from the original idea to where we are now!

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056822635

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056850208

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056884242

If you dont want to trawl through the past threads this is basically a meet up aimed at helping LGBT people get out there and get to know other LGBT people.

The meets ups have went really well in the past. We would really like to see a few newbies coming along so if your interested go ahead and go for it, its a bitta craic!

Poll up to decide whens best & how about we stick with Messrs Maguire for the venue?

if interested throw your name on the list below:

lyinghere

What day for Meet Up 4 9 votes

Fri 5th April
    11% 1 vote
    Sat 6th April
    77% 7 votes
    Sun 7th April
    0% 0 votes
    Mon 8th April
    0% 0 votes
    Tue 9th April
    0% 0 votes
    Wed 10th April
    11% 1 vote
    Thur 11th April
    0% 0 votes
    Fri 12th April
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

lyinghere wrote: »

1.lyinghere

#yolo....

2. manic mailman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

If it's the 12th, I'll definitely be able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

I have exams the week beginning the 15th so the 12th is probably a bit to near but I'll probably be able to do the 5th if that's picked (as long as I don't get absolutely swamped in study :( ). Lets just say I'm a maybe!

1. lyinghere
    2. manic mailman
    3. Cosmic Maybe (maybe)

@ playedalive - are you on the list? Hope it doesn't look like I'm knocking you off! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

The 5th cause I could go then! End of the Easter Hols!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

Well I prefer the 12th as I have a lot of college work to finish by the 8th and then the odd thing called work :( but in saying that, I might try to accommodate the 5th...although can't promise anything :)

1. lyinghere
    2. manic mailman
    3. Cosmic Maybe (maybe)
    4. Tainor

• Advertisement

@ playedalive - are you on the list? Hope it doesn't look like I'm knocking you off! :P

Ah you're grand. I wasn't sure whether to put my name down. I'm going to Trinity ball on the 5th, so 12th would be better for me. But, whatever suits the majority. I'll put my name down anyway.

1. lyinghere
    2. manic mailman
    3. Cosmic Maybe (maybe)
    4. Tainor
    5. playedalive (maybe)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Xevkin

I'm gonna assume I'm free the 5th, don't want to miss this!

1. lyinghere
    2. manic mailman
    3. Cosmic Maybe (maybe)
    4. Tainor
    5. playedalive (maybe)
    6. Xevkin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,982 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So its on Friday 12th?

Best of luck with it - would like to have gone but that date probably doesn't suit me.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

so the poll has closed, most popular choice is friday 12th april & there were no complaints on messrs maguire as the venue so i guess we can roll with that.

i cant figure out how to change the name of the thread to add in those details, is this something i need a moderator to do?

the vote was fairly split but hopefully a few more can commit now that the date is tied down, more the merrier and all that! :)

I changed the thread title for you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I changed the thread title for you

thanks mango!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

Also, Messrs has a new name. Sweetnam something (?), that might be handy to point out :)

Phareon wrote: »
    Also, Messrs has a new name. Sweetnam something (?), that might be handy to point out :)

It shall forever remain Messrs....in spirit!

Phareon wrote: »

ah yes, a very good point.

i had done a little research but i could not find anything online except this facebook page which still has it going as the old name but more importantly does have the location listed on it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Messrs-Maguire/127455757310013?ref=ts&fref=ts&rf=171335563003390

i will try figure out the real name during the week or if anyone that is about that bit of town can confirm it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What sort of age-group are we talking here?

What sort of age-group are we talking here?

Anywhere from 19 to 25, I'd say roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bicloset

Hey there,
    Just knew to setting up this boards site, have heard some things about these boards meet ups and they sound really interesting, something I'd be keen in going along, as my name suggests, being a closet can be tough at times!

They are welcome to everyone though

Terry Pratchet

As previously said this is the age group most people on the meetings are around. Other folks are more than welcomed to tag along, though interests and discussion wise, I am not entirely sure if it's going to be suitable.
    bicloset wrote: »
    Hey there,
    Just knew to setting up this boards site, have heard some things about these boards meet ups and they sound really interesting, something I'd be keen in going along, as my name suggests, being a closet can be tough at times!

Well the meetings are about people in the closet, who have hard time meeting other young people for chat and to get out and see the gay world. Considering a lot of us on the meetings are not that much out, most of us can relate to your position. So feel free to come along if you feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

They are welcome to everyone though

Ok cool, I am 25 now, but will be 26 by the time this comes along, sure I can be dropped off at the Jurrasic if things get too wild ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

Scratch that!

1. lyinghere
    2. manic mailman
    3. Cosmic Maybe (maybe)
    4. Tainor
    5. playedalive (maybe)
    6. Xevkin
    7. Soldering_Iorn

Ok cool, I am 25 now, but will be 26 by the time this comes along, sure I can be dropped off at the Jurrasic if things get too wild ;)

Cup o' tea/pint o' beer, be grand.

Tainor wrote: »
    As previously said this is the age group most people on the meetings are around. Other folks are more than welcomed to tag along, though interests and discussion wise, I am not entirely sure if it's going to be suitable.

Well the meetings are about people in the closet, who have hard time meeting other young people for chat and to get out and see the gay world. Considering a lot of us on the meetings are not that much out, most of us can relate to your position.

thats sounds very interesting, does people just chat in private msg then to get to know people? total green here! ha

Tainor wrote: »

Well the meetings are about people in the closet, who have hard time meeting other young people for chat and to get out and see the gay world. Considering a lot of us on the meetings are not that much out, most of us can relate to your position.
    thats sounds very interesting, does people just chat in private msg then to get to know people? total green here! ha

The purpose of these meetings is for social get togethers. They are not designed for hook ups.

Terry Pratchet

I understand that, thats all I want from it, I never mentioned anything in the line of hookups!

I understand that, thats all I want from it, I never mentioned anything in the line of hookups!

Yea as Mango said, we all just gather and have chats in a pub...normal gay guy stuff I guess- fashion, make-up, latest fragrances, Disney princess, you get the point :P

And then we might head off to one of the gay scene places, depends on the night :)

So tag along and come for a chat, meeting is just like every other places among strangers, who turn out to be friends later.
    I can reassure you, I've found one of the best people and friends from the meetings in my life :)

thanks sounds good, lookn forward to meetn other similar closeted non scene lads, any idea where we be goin ect? is there a fb pg or somting set up 4 ppl to chat on and get 2 know each other beforehand? thanks

thanks sounds good, lookn forward to meetn other similar closeted non scene lads, any idea where we be goin ect? is there a fb pg or somting set up 4 ppl to chat on and get 2 know each other beforehand? thanks

Usually the meet up starts in Messers/ some pub. Then, people go after to FAG in ALT. It's up to you though. Personally, I'm not really a 'scenster' (if that word even exists). I just like to have a drink and a chat, really.

Personally, I identify more or less as bisexual and was closeted towards until I started going to these groups. Slowly I came out of the closet. It's been a great journey and have been grateful for these meetups. Come along, be grand like. :)

The name of pub has changed to J W Sweetman for definite.

I booked the table for 15 arriving about 6ish, that might be optimistic but sure like everything, it'll be grand!

https://www.facebook.com/jwsweetman

• Advertisement

lyinghere wrote: »
    The name of pub has changed to J W Sweetman for definite.

I booked the table for 15 arriving about 6ish, that might be optimistic but sure like everything, it'll be grand!

https://www.facebook.com/jwsweetman

Jebuz, you just reminded me LOL! I was out last night and took a pic of the new name of the place :D

687gnb.jpg

Here it is lads :) New place as lyinghere said is J W Sweetman

Advertisement