Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need some holidays

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I think we should have it on March 32nd every year.

And when religious folks say "But it doesn't exist ......."
    Just stare at them with incredulity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I suppose the clergy use non-alcoholic wine during the ritual on Friday, yeah?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Kivaro wrote: »
    I think we should have it on March 32nd every year.

And when religious folks say "But it doesn't exist ......."
    Just stare at them with incredulity.

I think we should demand proof it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sarky wrote: »
    I suppose the clergy use non-alcoholic wine during the ritual on Friday, yeah?

Not for the first time, there's no mass on Good Friday! The tabernacle is empty, until himself rises again!

The only reason I'm so familiar with this is my grandfather died close to an Easter weekend and there was a funeral service rather than requiem mass for him on the Saturday, and no removal on the Friday. It was quite the education in Easter services.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

What I want to know is why the hell are the Post Offices closed on Good Friday?????? What are they afraid of - a Rising???

I got trapped in Pensioners collecting the pension Hell today...It's always the same - get pension then rearrange purse/wallet and turn away from counter before turning back and buying 2 tv licence stamps. Then it's all 'oh what else did I need...oh yes a mass card...and 2 stamps to England...oh, I nearly forgot, this parcel to our Paudi in Australia - will it get there for Easter do you think?...how much is that now??? How MUCH??? Lord God almighty, isn't that a shocking price....' .

This is precisely why I never go to the PO on a Friday...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, good. This means I've actually had some Christianity fall out of my brain. I will replace it with something useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Sarky wrote: »
    Oh, good. This means I've actually had some Christianity fall out of my brain. I will replace it with something useful.

Yeah, for some reason the whole Easter stuff really stuck with me. I'm working on it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What I want to know is why the hell are the Post Offices closed on Good Friday?????? What are they afraid of - a Rising???
    Easter is always a good time for a Rising, but it will only last for a few days, and then it goes up in a puff of smoke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

recedite wrote: »
    Easter is always a good time for a Rising, but it will only last for a few days, and then it goes up in a puff of smoke.

Sounds painful :pac:

Advertisement