Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing this to a wedding?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Ya black would probably be the best option for me. Do you think I should wear a little blazer or a shawl with it? Or should I leave it. :)

Dudara is right, you will need something for the church to cover your shoulders. Or more importantly, to stop you freezing waiting around the church after!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I love the dress but don't think it's appropriate to wear a white/cream dress to a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

mood wrote: »
    I love the dress but don't think it's appropriate to wear a white/cream dress to a wedding.

I think it is fine to wear to it because it is not an obvious cream dress. In person it looks more beige because of the material under the lace.
    The bride won't mind at all plus it has black on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

I was also looking for advice on dresses for weddings. I have one coming up really soon and it's the first wedding I've been to so not quite sure what the dress etiquette is. I know there's been some discussion over wearing cream but I was wondering does that count for the dress below? It's kind of a yellow/orangey cream on top? The second one is another option, would that be appropriate?

Someone said earlier about not wearing short dresses but I'm short myself and anything close to or at the knee look horrific on me.

33xftz6.jpg

2ecnpkm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I also have a wedding coming up and this is the dress I am looking at. Is it suitable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@shoos - for me, the first dress is lovely. The dusky pink skirt is a beautiful colour. The second dress doesn't come across well, though maybe that's because it's on a hanger.

@leanonme - Love the pattern on that dress. Wouldn't see anything wrong with it for a wedding.

Shoos, I'd agree with dudara, the first dress is very nice and totally appropriate, but the second isn't quite as nice and you'd have to have a very small bust for the top to not seem a bit revealing for a church.

Leanonme, I wouldn't say the dress is inappropriate, but I don't see the need to take the risk of wearing any white to a wedding. It is lovely though, if you're set on it go for it but there's no harm in looking around a bit more to avoid the white.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Shoos, I'd agree with dudara, the first dress is very nice and totally appropriate, but the second isn't quite as nice and you'd have to have a very small bust for the top to not seem a bit revealing for a church.

Leanonme, I wouldn't say the dress is inappropriate, but I don't see the need to take the risk of wearing any white to a wedding. It is lovely though, if you're set on it go for it but there's no harm in looking around a bit more to avoid the white.

My difficulty is that I find it very hard to get dresses, as I am 6ft 2in tall, so many normal dress are way too short, or the proportions are way off. I already have the dress bought as i got it for my cousins wedding this year, and then found a nicer dress, so went with it. So hoping not to but another dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Think that's decided it, I'll go with the first one!

To be honest, the second looks grand on. My bust is very small and it completely covers me, no boob lines or cleavage. But the black and darker colours... I think something brighter would suit a spring wedding.

Advertisement