Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I fell asleep after Adaleye slapped the Mexican, the Mexican guy was brave squaring up to him after the bell, either that or he wanted to go home early before the last train

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,630 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone catch Yarde last night. Looked very impressive, albeit against another tomato can. January for Beterbiev. Barring a KO loss, I think Arthur mows Yarde down mid rds.

The Owen O’Neill v Owen Duffy bout for Irish Light Middle title worth a watch. Was on TG4 last night..

i did not think yarde was impressive, his defensive work was terrible and the bulgarian fella he was up against Koykov had an inflated record of 14 wins 1 loss, his last win was a points decision against a 48 year old

Beterbiev will get yarde gone by round 8

if he had a decent trainer a few years ago yarde could have been something but all that pad work is just panto stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭normanoffside

LiamSmith vs Eubank Jr is going to be on SkySports Box office. Not a fight I would pay to watch.

This a wind up? Makes Fury-Chisora seem acceptable..

• Advertisement

Ok, I think this is really a new low for PPV.

Whatever about Eubank-Benn, who both have real domestic name recognition, that combines with their fathers and their fathers’ rivalry, who the fook can justify Eubank-Smith..

Yes, Beefy is known domestically. So what..

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Regis Prograis beat up and stopped Jose Zepeda in the 11th to win the WBC belt.

Haney-Loma very close to being a done deal for next fight!!!

Billy Goat Warrington on tonight at Leeds. Ebany Bridges as well

Teo Lopez on later Sky Sports

Bud Crawford later as well v David Avesyan

And Mick Conlan back again fighting nobodies!

anyone see Ebany’s weigh in? Yes, she has a stunning figure n all, but it looks very unprofessional/out of place her flaunting herself practically naked for a boxing weigh in.

Would have thought some decorum required by the organizers. But I guess in today’s world had anyone objected they’d have been labeled misogynist

Post edited by walshb on

• Advertisement

Bridges fight style is very entertaining.

Ebanie bridges did very well against a seasoned fighter, she battered her.

lopez v Warrington was a good watch, Lopez was very good at avoiding the punches, Warrington started winning rounds by fighting dirty but the judges made the right call in the end

Bridges’ style great. Warrington fight was good.

Conlan had 1st rd win last night..

Just watching Teo fight now.

Teo has either really regressed badly or else he was never that good. I am starting to think the latter.

Maybe the Loma fight was a one-off.

Hmm. His opponent was a negative southpaw. Moving back and trying his best not to engage. I think this made for a poor showing. Terrible fight, but how that opponent thought he won is beyond me. He was fooking useless.

His Loma performance was probably made look better because Loma fought scared for plenty that fight.

Bud Crawford had a sweet 1 shot KO win

His opponent beat Mikey Garcia but he is really a solid European level fighter, similar to Avanesyan, so I think Teo had to look better than he did. Teo hasn't been great 3 fights in a row now. Yes I think Loma fought scared/Stupid for most of their fight but this is the only fight that made Teo seem really good. I think Josh Taylor and Prograis destroy him.

Taylor is a good sized WW who boils down to 140 lbs, so his size on fight night would be an issue for Teo, who’s really 135-140 type frame.’

Pleased to see Warrington lose. I thought he would get stopped. Maybe the dirtiest fighter in the sport. Constant rabbit punches.

I don't think Teofimo will win another big fight. He seems to have peaked.

Inoue in yet?

Butler lasted 11 rds. Mostly running and surviving

• Advertisement

Very high guard and managed to absorb a heap a body shots.

Post edited by walshb on

Butler ran like a dog and still got stopped. At least try to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,129 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tank Davis after getting arrested for domestic violence. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not surprised ,boxing is no game

unfortunately if you take blows to the head for living there's a huge chance your going to be more prone to violent outbursts when in confrontational situations ,including arguments with your other half ,

You see it all the time with boxer & retired NFL players ,

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

"unfortunately if you take blows to the head for living........."

No , dont make excuses for any of them. It's a result of their own personal decision and the fact that they are scumbags, the likes of Mayweather, Tank Davis, Broner and the rest of them that never learned how to respect .

I'm no woke hippy, but even if a woman hits the fella fist, he has no right to hit back. Its not an equal trade off especially against a professional boxer sorry

Yes - Date set today, provisionally scheduled for April 20th.

In other news :

Broner (36) vs Hank Lundy (39) set for Feb. 6 weeks away, no better opponent ?

Tris BS is Pay per View

Listening to those Haney fans saying Loma ducking Haney by joining the army.

Hilarious, like ......

Is anyone going to pay for the Eubank Vs Smith card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Butson

Absolutley not.

As I saw written yesterday, Sky sports subscribers get the best footballers, golfers, formula 1 drivers etc as part of their subscription every month but somehow are asked to fork out €25 extra to watch Liam Smith?

Advertisement