Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPG question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i LOVE playing as arty, i HATE playing against arty in my other tanks, damn arty noobs... get a real tank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i LOVE playing as arty, i HATE playing against arty in my other tanks, damn arty noobs... get a real tank.
    Playing as arty is much more spikey then playing as a tank imo; either you get great games (i.e. 6 kills, every shell lands on the right target) or you get horrible games (light tanks not killed, mediums rush through while your own heavies stand around trying to figure out which button fires or your shells always goes the extreme edges and hits rocks and what not instead).

It is very seldom I have a "it's ok" type of games in an arty.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

They mentioned 3 arty cap somewhere, but it looks like its not really working. T8 - T9 battles you usually get 3 - 4 arty5-6, but t10 and higher you get 4+ high level arty mostly on open maps: vaselinovka, prohorovka, redshire etc. The game then becomes tactical bushcamping, cause nobody really wants to get 1000+ damage from nowhere. Understandbly so.

I cant play my lowe anymore because of it... taking off the star takes 5+ battles, and you can't really do anything - as soon as you lit up you get oneshotted by an arty.

And here's another thing: while red arty shoots straight and true, green arty is usually doing god knows what in the bush...

I got a solution: if there are too much artys in the q, let them play 15 vs 15 artys on himmelsdorf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

The arty cap is at 5 per team. Since the arty nerfs, the number of arties being played dropped quite significantly. They say once the tier 10 arties are introduced (Summer time) the number of them in randoms should calm down a bit.

cant see how bringing a tier 9 and 10 arty made sense to them.

my obj 212 can/has one shot anything up to a lorraine (doesnt happen often), but thats 1600 or thereabouts from one shot.

so the obj 262 must be able to one shot all the heavy tier 9s.

by that logic the tier9 arty will probably be capable of one shotting an e100.

arty gets boring the higher up ya go on the tiers anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I don't think the tier 9s and 10s arty are getting scaled up. It's more a case of the lower tiers getting bumped up, with only slight changes. So while an individual arty doesn't lose power, it's less threatening in the context of the tanks faced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    I don't think the tier 9s and 10s arty are getting scaled up. It's more a case of the lower tiers getting bumped up, with only slight changes. So while an individual arty doesn't lose power, it's less threatening in the context of the tanks faced.
    It has been stated several times that the current T8 arty will be the T10 arty (they will most likely add in a T7 (T7 goes T8 or T9) and then another for the second slot basically. The "new" T10s are not getting any boost in damage either (or at lest were not planned to).

The problem is they will need to adjust the experience and credit gain as it was based on T8 doing damage to T10 (bonus exp & credits) currently and the fact the repair bill will go up as well. If anything I think it will work out as an nerf as the grind will be longer, cost more and you'll end up making less money / exp (in general on all arty lines I make less money and average exp then on any other line) once you hit T10 (assuming no major changes are done).

I won't cite the source right now, due to limited access to internet at work, and most of it will come in russian anyway, which is of little use here, but I do remember seeing comments from the powers that be (Serb and likes) that

* yes there is a soft arty cap for 3 artys
    * damage mods and repairs bills for arty were an intentional nerf to limit amount of artys in the game

but on the other hand:

When there are low number of players in the q, MM will widen the level bracket for a match and loosen up the arty cap, in order to minimise the wait time. But some arty people claim they usually get up to a minute waiting time in q. I woudln't know, I don't play arty.

And from personal experience and I only started playing recently (so my tier3s didn't face the mice) I can tell that there are some weird matches at tier6 and tier7 with few t6-7 tops, couple of hummels (arty5) and the rest tier3-tier4. Got some funny games grinding chaffy :)

And right now I even wish for Dragon Ridge and Silent Coast to be back, cause at least there are some accessible no arty spots on those maps. Most of maps I get right now: malinovka, prohorovka and steppes. Heaven for arty, hell for everybody else.

As for widening the tiers I think the game is going really deep into monetisation stage, so we'll see more and more tier grind encouraging you to get prem tanks and spend money on free experience exchange.

Recent events such as british shells and "no more free slots when moving tanks around" is a good proof.

So that does make me wonder starting grind for batmobil is it really worth it? From 1390 to Lor40t is 250 000 odd and the same from 40t to batchat.

ahh ok, i didnt realise they were bumping the current tiers.

better buy my tier 6 french now before the exp required goes up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

answer is the mighty T71

Arty trembles in fear when you get in among them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

kingtiger wrote: »
    answer is the mighty T71

Arty trembles in fear when you get in among them

No-one should underestimate the gun on a T71.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I've been doing some grinding my tier 7 russian arty and my tier 5 french arty and I have noticed that the new tier 6+ light tanks all seem to focus on getting in amongst the heavies with few making a beeline for the arty positions.

I had a match last night where we had two T71 and a chinese tier 7 light and NONE of them went scouting/chasing arties, all were getting stuck into heavies and TD's and all died quick .... one of them by enemy arty.

If you listen closely you may be able to hear the echo of "idiots idiots idiots" from me roaring at my computer.

BigEejit wrote: »
    If you listen closely you may be able to hear the echo of "idiots idiots idiots" from me roaring at my computer.

Grinded heavily over the weekend all my 40 odd tanks garage for x5. Even when xvm promises 52%+ to win, I still have to work heavily towards victory. Even with 2 more very competent clanners in platoon we still had to work very hard...

Some of the highlights: took 3 is3 with a "we just gonna wipe them all now" idea and ended up against T10s on el-haluf... lost of course...

Took hummel, ISU and my stock t28 proto to live oaks, just to take off stars, didn't expect any miracles and found ourselves against 8 tanks on 3rd minute... the rest of our team had magically dissappeared somewhere. I remember kv1s, 12t, full tiger, full lowe, centurion, hummel. Camped havily in upper base and in the end wiped all the opposition. In the end I fought against hummel and cent and suprisingly won with crucial contribution medal :)

Bottom line you cannot rely on random team EVAR :(

Advertisement