Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone @ Kilmainham, July 28th

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Mebuntu wrote: »
    On the contrary you missed two of his most powerful and compelling compositions.

Not a huge fan of Abbolison to be honest, kind of disappointed I missed
    Here's to You.

I was delighted to hear the theme from H2S as I heard it years ago and fell in love with with, Deborah's theme is also a fav as is the leone stuff and Gabriels Oboe so I got to hear everything I wanted (apart from the untouchable stuff which I know is not held in high regard but I love it)

All down to taste I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    There was stiff plastic under the seats, but in the food/drink areas there was grass (mud), bark chips (meh), cones and tape (around the really big puddles on paths) and you had to get through all that before the seats.

If the rain keeps up, don't dress like the Morricone crowd (white jeans, high heels, designer jewellery under crappy plastic ponchos...:rolleyes: ) bring the wellies...

The Morricone crowd? Guilty of the poncho (2 euro and kept me dry) but no heels....maybe you can tell where you can get a size 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Absolutely loved it and have been wanting to Ennio Morricone for years. No complaints myself from where I was sitting other than the two people sitting infront of me that took about 6 million photos and videos of the show with their iPhones that's a pet hate of mine. Other than that great set, great sound but I suppose I would've liked the seats to have a little bit more leg room

Same here, hadn't been to Kilmainham before so not sure what to expect. Concert super, but too short. Venue/weather not so good. crap seats, too tight......where else would you pay this price and be expected to sit in a puddle....I would not risk outdoor in Ireland again. People pay big money for tickets and then spend all the time taking photos, getting up for drinks. You cant go little over an hour without a plastic cup of overpriced plonk? The lady beside me( 4 mm away) is contstantly texting, talking. I thought umbrellas would be confiscated at entrance ?

A wonderful concert marred by people arriving late, and wandering in and out during concert....No wonder the show was as short as it was, Mr Morricone probably thought " To hell with this...."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Same here, hadn't been to Kilmainham before so not sure what to expect. Concert super, but too short. Venue/weather not so good. crap seats, too tight......where else would you pay this price and be expected to sit in a puddle....I would not risk outdoor in Ireland again. People pay big money for tickets and then spend all the time taking photos, getting up for drinks. You cant go little over an hour without a plastic cup of overpriced plonk? The lady beside me( 4 mm away) is contstantly texting, talking. I thought umbrellas would be confiscated at entrance ?

A wonderful concert marred by people arriving late, and wandering in and out during concert....No wonder the show was as short as it was, Mr Morricone probably thought " To hell with this...."

In fairness, confiscating umbrellas would have been cruelty. It rained solidly for the hour or two before Morricone came on. It's bad enough getting wet while watching the concert, but being drenched beforehand would have ruined it. Myself and my friend stood at the back under the brolly and only took our seats before he came on to minimise the amount of time being soaked!

I was amazed by the droves of people heading for the toilets, the gig wasn't that long! Also, I expected a mostly middle-aged crowd and a lot of women, but were confused by seeing a lot of groups of men in their twenties and thirties - is it the fact that he soundtracked so many westerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

I expected a mostly middle-aged crowd and a lot of women, but were confused by seeing a lot of groups of men in their twenties and thirties
    Film geeks :)

Can you imagine what it would be like if Thomas Newman ever came to town?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

serfboard wrote: »
    Film geeks :)

Can you imagine what it would be like if Thomas Newman ever came to town?

Yeah the guy beside me kept chatting away about Tarrantino movies, seemed to have zero interest in being there. The people walking up and down to the toilet constantly from early on was so strange.

The venue and crowd really took from the experience. Shame.

Advertisement