Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennio Morricone @ Kilmainham, July 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

It's not sold out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have not been before, got tickets for "block 5" . any good?
    Afternoon gig as well, so maybe some of the ambience will be lost....

July in Ireland, fingers crossed:)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have not been before, got tickets for "block 5" . any good?
    Afternoon gig as well, so maybe some of the ambience will be lost....

July in Ireland, fingers crossed:)

To be more specific, Block A5, AAA

Does anyone know if they are good? Bad?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

To be more specific, Block A5, AAA

Does anyone know if they are good? Bad?

Thanks

here is the seating plan

thanks ponceprhea.

Yeah, I was able to look at the seating plan, and they seem fairly good seats (on the plan) but was hoping someone who had actully been there before could give some first hand info on that seating area.

Also, one would assume umbrellas are banned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

sickened that i only heard today Ennio Morricone is coming to dublin. It is sold out. If anyone has a ticket and it turns out they cant go please PM me and I will gladly take the ticket off your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RalphOC12

dh0011 wrote: »
    sickened that i only heard today Ennio Morricone is coming to dublin. It is sold out. If anyone has a ticket and it turns out they cant go please PM me and I will gladly take the ticket off your hands

same here. gutted. Don't know how I'll manage to find a ticket now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Amazing how that site described him as a six-time oscar winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RalphOC12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

letsbet wrote: »
    Amazing how that site described him as a six-time oscar winner!

Pah, he was only nominated six times for an Oscar over the past 30 years of work... :rolleyes:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001553/awards

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

Mec-a-nic wrote: »
    Pah, he was only nominated six times for an Oscar over the past 30 years of work... :rolleyes:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001553/awards

Yeah, I know!

Am a bit surprised that the second date hasn't sold out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Anyone know if the second date is definitely sold out yet? I just had a look on Ticketmaster and it looked like they were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mary mcgarry

First time using this forum - my husband and I (sounds quite regal) are travelling from Limerick to the concert and are trying to organise public transport - any idea how long Ennio usually plays for ? - it would be handy info - to organise the return journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

First time using this forum - my husband and I (sounds quite regal) are travelling from Limerick to the concert and are trying to organise public transport - any idea how long Ennio usually plays for ? - it would be handy info - to organise the return journey.

hi

JJ Kavanagh Coaches run services to and from Dublin and Limerick during the day and night, with the last bus from Dublin airport at 12.30am

This bus picks up at the Convention Centre at 00.43am and George's Quay at 00.47am

http://jjkavanagh.ie/images/events/Limerick-Dublin%20FEB%202012.pdf

They also have service seven nights a week from Dublin to Limerick

They run a bus at 1am from Arthurs Quay in Limerick, near the Tourist Office to Dublin Airport and also at 4am from Arthurs Quay in Limerick which drops off in Dublin City Centre at Eden Quay and then on to the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Anyone know what time the concert starts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

According to Marty Whelan, the gates open (on Saturday at any rate) at 5.30pm. The man himself is supposed to be on stage at 8.30pm and the concert will be preceded by a screening of Cinema Paradiso on the big screens. Bliss!

I have one ticket for Sunday evening but would be willing to swap for Saturday evening if anyone's interested? (Don't know the seat off hand but it's not too bad.)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Schnooks

MfMan wrote: »
    According to Marty Whelan, the gates open (on Saturday at any rate) at 5.30pm. The man himself is supposed to be on stage at 8.30pm and the concert will be preceded by a screening of Cinema Paradiso on the big screens. Bliss!

I have one ticket for Sunday evening but would be willing to swap for Saturday evening if anyone's interested? (Don't know the seat off hand but it's not too bad.)

Are you sure of the time onstage? Travelling from Cork, so need to plan accordingly. Thanks in advance for the info.

Wow cannot believe it is almost time, I cannot WAIT for this concert of a lifetime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mary mcgarry

Me again - thanks for the info on JJ Kavanagh bus etc. Still trying to gauge if this concert on Sunday will be 2 or 3 hrs - don't want to miss any of it necessarily to get bus/train home.
    Anyone - that has seen him in Concert before - can you advise - concert duration ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tickets cannot be purchased for this event, but...

Ennio Morricone will take part in a public interview and Q&A on Sunday July 28th at the Light House Cinema, Smithfield. The Italian maestro will discuss his extraordinary career as a film composer and receive a Volta Award from Jameson Dublin International Film Festival in recognition of his extraordinary contribution to film.

Morricone’s first ever public interview in the Republic of Ireland is an unmissable opportunity to hear the composer discuss his astounding achievements with Sir Christopher Frayling, a British writer and critic who has written at length about the master’s work and is also the author of the definitive biography of Sergio Leone.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone know about parking? The weather look ok from RTE's weather forcast
    Friday and the weekend will remain fairly warm in most places, with light to moderate, mainly southeasterly winds; there will be a good deal of dry, bright weather each day but showers will occur from time to time, with Sunday likely to have the most frequent shower activity. The early days of next week will bring further showers or more prolonged spells of rain; it may be quite windy at times also and it will feel a good deal fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hobo!

Me again - thanks for the info on JJ Kavanagh bus etc. Still trying to gauge if this concert on Sunday will be 2 or 3 hrs - don't want to miss any of it necessarily to get bus/train home.
    Anyone - that has seen him in Concert before - can you advise - concert duration ????

I've seen him twice before and AFAIR it was roughly 2 hours if not less.

Doors open at 4.30 I heard, does anyone know what time it actually starts?, rumours of Cinema Paradiso showing before concert...If Ennio comes on at 8.30, it should be over by 10.30 (there is a 10.45 curfew)

We are travelling a good distance and so trying to figure out if best to eat before concert? Hard to know what to do as nobody seems sure what is happening................If Ennio comes on at 5pm, it would be over 7.30, plenty of time for dinner etc

Can anyone clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

According to Lyric (and ticketmaster), doors opening at 5.30pm with Il Maestro taking stage at 8.30pm. Cinema Paradiso showing on big screens prior to concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

From the promoters website:

5.30pm - Gates open. Food & refreshments available

7.45pm - Patrons asked to take their seats.
    8.15pm-8.30pm - Ennio Morricone due on stage
    10.45pm - Show will finish.

sham69 wrote: »
    From the promoters website:

5.30pm - Gates open. Food & refreshments available

7.45pm - Patrons asked to take their seats.
    8.15pm-8.30pm - Ennio Morricone due on stage
    10.45pm - Show will finish.

Many thanks.....this info for Sat & Sun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

hi

you would have time to get out of the venue and get a LUAS back into town from Heuston Station after the gig, considering it ends at 10.45pm.

It takes about 10 minutes to walk briskly out of the venue and onto the road that leads to Heuston Station, so if you opted for the JJ Kavanagh coach to Limerick from the Convention Centre at 12.43am or Georges Quay at 12.45am, you'd have time to get it.

The only issue is that the LUAS would fill up real quick considering the crowd from the gig.

I'm not sure what time the last LUAS is from Heuston Station into Bus Aras, but there's usually taxis parked along Heuston Station anyway, if you missed the last LUAS into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Many thanks.....this info for Sat & Sun ?

I presume its the same for both nights.
    If you go to pod website you will see it (they are the promoters)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 The original Daithi Lacha

Does anyone know if there is a dress code for the concert? I've never been to an outdoor concert by composer so I'm not sure.

Advertisement