Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100GB Free Cloud Storage for the first 1,000,000 Users [Zoolz.com]

Options
  • 23-03-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Like Dropbox and many others, they are American, and are subject to U.S. law (The Patriot Act).

So i wouldn't be storing sensitive data etc..

Still a great offer for backup.

https://www.zoolz.com/default

Zoolz was created to help people to effortlessly backup and move all their data from their computer, external and network drives to the cloud for lifetime safekeeping.
    Zoolz is the first service to offer free 100GB of durable backup without any limitations and to leverage Amazon AWS technology in an intuitive way to provide easy backup, instant data view, image preview, and search to access and restore archived data with ease.
    The digital world is expanding rapidly, with Zoolz all your data is protected in a smart and automatic way. Zoolz is designed to process and protect your data with zero knowledge and with the highest security, durability, and availability out there.
    For investors relations contact:
    investors@zoolz.com

For press inquiries contact:
    press@zoolz.com
    Company Headquarters:
    Burlington, USA

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Thanks OP, I subscribed but I rarely check my email so I think I might miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

not available for Mac yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

What's the upload file size limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

Can you store torrents on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭Invincible

Can you store torrents on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I haven't access to a laptop for the weekend, and I don't want to miss out. Feck!

Thanks OP.

EDIT: Us Mac users can't get involved directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

I registered my email address but got no reply. Anyone know who long it takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

also registered, be handy for backups. nothing in my mail yet, though i see there is an app on the itunes store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

Where's the option to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Del007 wrote: »
    Where's the option to register?

Download free button launches a sign-up box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Download free button launches a sign-up box.

I was thinking of signing up to this, am I allowed upload my music collection? Legally purchased of course!

Fieldog wrote: »
    I was thinking of signing up to this, am I allowed upload my music collection? Legally purchased of course!

Yes - http://wiki.zoolz.com/index.php/2011/11/how-can-i-listen-to-music-and-videos-from-my-mobile-while-im-offline/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

rai555 wrote: »
    No, but they say that they are working on it.
    Pique wrote: »
    What's the upload file size limit?
    No limit.

Also, you can backup up to 2 PC images.

ppshay wrote: »
    I registered my email address but got no reply. Anyone know who long it takes?
    It says 4-5 hours, but i still haven't got mine. It seems they have been swamped with sign-ups. Originally, when you clicked "Download Free", the app downloaded and an email was sent.
    due to the huge response to this offer we will get your registration email to you as soon as possible

Also, if you don't use your account for 30 days, they can delete it.. :eek:

Although, it's an app you download, so if you use your PC and have this set to make backup every 2-3 days of "My Documents" or similar, or whole PC, then this shouldn't be an issue
    If you have a Free Account, Zoolz may terminate your account and these Terms immediately and without notice if your computer fails to access the Services to perform a backup for more than thirty (30) days or you fail to comply with these Terms. If you have a Paid Account, Zoolz may terminate your account and these Terms immediately and without notice if you fail to renew your subscription, fail to pay any fees or invoices when due or otherwise fail to comply with these Terms.

On termination or expiration of your account or these Terms, you will no longer have the right to continue to use the Software and the Services, and you will no longer be able to access and restore your backup data. Also, you specifically agree that Zoolz has no obligation to provide you or anyone else with a copy of your backup data and may automatically purge your backup data from Zoolz systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Wheres my effin email!?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I got an email back within a few minutes with a link to this address

http://www.zoolz.com/ZoolzInvitations?_id="Your Email Address"

6QXuGP.jpg

22,768th invitation..this will be fun :rolleyes:

f410114cd4751bc0a5bac39486509d67.png

Big Lar wrote: »
    I got an email back within a few minutes with a link to this address

Legend! 42,915!

I assume we dont get it until the million is done then?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

rai555 wrote: »

Yeah, got the same message. There's an easy work-around though:
    • Download an agent switcher add-on for your browser (I use Chrome)
    • Set it to something like Windows Firefox
    • Refresh the pageHit download and you'll get the signup prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Will this work if I give multiple email addresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

24 hours later and still nothing back from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Doesn't seem to work in Linux Chrome either, download button just does nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Think i found a work around. Download the app on your iphone, register on it, then go to zoolz.com and sign in, you can download the program from there. Oddly though it is showing 50 gig rather then 100gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Badem112

phill106 wrote: »
    Think i found a work around. Download the app on your iphone, register on it, then go to zoolz.com and sign in, you can download the program from there. Oddly though it is showing 50 gig rather then 100gb.

This way you have installed Zoolz Business and it is a 14 days trial. I also registered my email for a Zoolz free account and waiting in line obviously they have started to send some patch emails as I read on some other forums. So hopefully we would receive the email maybe today.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Got email today saying my account is being processed

Received this:
    Hi there,
    Congratulations! Your spot has been reserved.

Due to the mass demand on this service and in order to deliver the best backup experience, it might take some time for the service to reach you; we thank you for your patience.

We are filling reservations on a first-come-first served basis and once your turn arrives, we will send you an email with details on how to start using Zoolz.

You can view the status of the waiting line from here

To learn more about Zoolz, check out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVRZB5lJir8

For assistance, please visit our help center

Regards,
    Zoolz Team
    www.zoolz.com

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

Just got confirmation email as well

I have 47298 in the queue in front of me. :pac:

I got my email too

When do they actually start letting people join? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    I got my email too

When do they actually start letting people join? :pac:

Only got my email a few minutes ago.
    Initially you joined as soon as link was clicked, but i think they got a lot more interest then they planned (Even though the offer is for 1 million.), hence the delays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dunleas

I have 47298 in the queue in front of me. :pac:

26586 in front of me 31k behind, I'm thinking accounts won't be activated until the magic number is reached

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement