Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigis Mansion 2 (3DS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally finished this. Jaysus, my left thumb is killing me after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive all boos and gems done from 1st mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I remember reading IGN's review a few weeks ago and said that this was a 10-12 hour game. My arse. She wasn't playing it properly. I've just finished the 2nd mansion (with boos and gems) and I'm on the 11 hour mark.

ive all boos done from 2nd mansion too and 9/10 gems done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive all boos done from 2nd mansion too and 9/10 gems done

What's the reward for all gems?

Working my way through the 2nd mansion at the moment.

• Advertisement

They're used to decorate statues in the vault (and give you satisfaction for finding them - some of them are incredibly well hidden).

this month issue of Nintendo official magazine contains a walk-through of all gems and boos for the 1st mansion in luigi mansion 2 , the cover of magazine is animal crossing new leaf,

and this is boo guide all mansions http://ie.ign.com/wikis/luigis-mansion-dark-moon/Gloomy_Manor_Boos?objectid=110795

Mr E wrote: »
    They're used to decorate statues in the vault (and give you satisfaction for finding them - some of them are incredibly well hidden).

Thanks - some games I'm never quite sure how the collectibles feed in.

I got most of them for the first mansion but I doubt I'll go back for the rest - too busy with the rest of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mr E wrote: »
    I remember reading IGN's review a few weeks ago and said that this was a 10-12 hour game. My arse. She wasn't playing it properly. I've just finished the 2nd mansion (with boos and gems) and I'm on the 11 hour mark.

Agreed. There's a hell of a lot of exploring to do in each mansion if you take your time with it.

i f vacuum on jukebox its play music from Star Wars Cantina Band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Got this last week, loving it!
    ONly on the second mission of the 3rd Mansion. The only probelm that i have with it is the controls, but sure, ya get used to the 'tank' controls after a bit.

I feel about this as I felt half way through playing Mario 3D Land, that I hope they make a follow up soon!

And yes, it is well longer than 10 to 12 hours, each mission is between 20 and 30 mins. 5 or 6 missions in each mansion so far, and I have about half of the gems found from each mansion so loads more to do.

spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Did you just spoil the ending of the game I'm only half way through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Did you just spoil the ending of the game I'm only half way through?

I was worrying the same thing.

Spoilers, wampyrus!!!:mad:

spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Stop with the spoilers!!! Most of us aren't that far yet.

Not cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Semi-unrelated but:
    Anyone want to ad me on the 3DS?
    I mostly play MK7 but have a few other games too,
    Name: Alan
    Code: 2535-3626-7022
    Let me know if you've added me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

wampyrus stop spoiling the game for people. There's a reason that this forum supports spoiler tags. Use them.

Just finished it this morning, in a little under 18 hours (which places it at number 7 of my most played 3DS games) loved every minute of it. Must go back and finish collecting everything now :pac:

• Advertisement

Just finished it this morning, in a little under 18 hours (which places it at number 7 of my most played 3DS games) loved every minute of it. Must go back and finish collecting everything now :pac:

I'm taking a "slower" approach...just finished the 2nd mansion. Stupid eerie staircase takes longer than the boss.

Luigi's Mansion Dark moon on the 4th mansion
    d1 cold case gyro controls for the balancing act is 2 hard to get pass

There's a wind throwing you off balance in D-1

wampyrus - spoilers PLEASE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Love this game and its rather a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The graphics are beautiful and the 3D is brilliant. It's after igniting my interest in my 3DS which has been neglected for some time. I'm going to stop playing it until my new 3DS XL arrives in a couple of weeks so i can look at those graphics on a bigger screen.

Love this game and its rather a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The graphics are beautiful and the 3D is brilliant. It's after igniting my interest in my 3DS which has been neglected for some time. I'm going to stop playing it until my new 3DS XL arrives in a couple of weeks so i can look at those graphics on a bigger screen.

Yeah, me too, the 3ds was sitting idle for months after Kid Icarus turned me off the device! It's a great little machine and great to see really good games like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick this up? Argos seems to be leading at 43./

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's €34.97 (+ €2 p&p) on gamestop.ie:

http://www.gamestop.ie/Nintendo%203DS/Games/10502/luigis-mansion-2

• Registered Users Posts: 34,476 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This game has me really wanting a 3DS XL. The environments are so pretty that it feels like I need a much bigger screen to appreciate them properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I just got a 3DS XL second hand off adverts, it does look great on the bigger screen, and it could be just me, but I feel it makes the 3D effect more pronounced too!

• Advertisement

Advertisement