Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luigis Mansion 2 (3DS)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

To add to the above, Games tm gave it 9/10 and described it as "not only one of the most wonderful games to grace the system, but also one of the prettiest". High praise indeed considering they tend not to give out 9's like crazy and treat a 7 as above average. Can't wait for it now :D.

Edit: Gametrailers review
    9.3/10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Another glowing review, this time from GameCentral:
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/21/luigis-mansion-2-review-dark-moon-rising-3554172/

"In Short: Utterly charming and subversively clever in that classic Nintendo way, this is one of the best games on the 3DS and one of the mostly perfectly polished titles on any system this year.

Pros: Pitch perfect presentation and visuals, with an elegant mix of simple combat and disarmingly complex puzzles. Excellent bosses and plenty of variety. Entertaining multiplayer.

Cons: There’s not really much depth to the combat, and the lack of signposting may annoy some players.

Score: 9/10"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Cons: There’s not really much depth to the combat, and the lack of signposting may annoy some players.

Score: 9/10"

That sounds like a pro to me!

Didn't care for the original, but really looking forward to this now.

This, and then Fire Emblem three weeks later. Finally, a great time to be a 3DS owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

But a terrible time to have no cash, a weird whining noise coming from your car engine at idle and no kerosene in your heating tank. As Luigi himself would say, Oh no!

• Advertisement

We all knew when we got into this games lark that we'd have to make sacrifices sometimes, be responsible adults: running a car, heating our homes, work, family, relationships...all these things may need to be cut in order to play the latest games.

Banjo wrote: »
    But a terrible time to have no cash, a weird whining noise coming from your car engine at idle and no kerosene in your heating tank. As Luigi himself would say, Oh no!

Priorities, man!!! Have you seen the review scores? Talking about fixing a car or being warm when a game like this is coming out. Honestly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Luigi's Mansion 3DS
    Pros: Seems to be another ninty gem.
    Cons: I was absolutely sure it was meant to be out today :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Rather glad that I chose this week to order a 3ds xl. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm still playing Okamiden when I do play the 3DS, but I now want this.

Never played the original, but I'm guessing the playing it to catch up on the story is about as essential as playing all the other Mario games before playing New Super Mario Bros U. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GOW Judgement Today
    Bioshock Infinite Tuesday

and now

Luigi's mansion next Friday :D I loved the first game but was waiting for reviews before committing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Excellent, another game on my to-do list this WEEK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought this was out today, was looking forward to it.

On the plus side, I wouldn't have been able to make it to Smyths with the rain anyway. No money for GameStop. Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got mine pre-ordered, gamestop seem the cheapest. Really can't wait to play this one! From the reviews it sounds brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah, sounds quality, I've been on the lookout for a game to re-ignite my idle 3DS!

Side note: I first saw empty boxes for this with "coming soon" in XtraVision last year!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I actually upgaded to a 3DSXL just for this game!

Picked up a copy in Gamestop Stephen's green at lunch (€45). Looking forward to getting stuck into this over the long weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

steve_r wrote: »
    Picked up a copy in Gamestop Stephen's green at lunch (€45). Looking forward to getting stuck into this over the long weekend!

It's €34.97 on their website. Any reason why it's cheaper there than in store?

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's €34.97 on their website. Any reason why it's cheaper there than in store?

You're best to think of them as 2 separate entities; the website is pretty much always cheaper.

• Advertisement

Deano7788 wrote: »
    You're best to think of them as 2 separate entities; the website is pretty much always cheaper.

Decided to go ahead and buy it online. Impulse buy of the week complete.

Few missions into the game, and absolutely loving it so far! :D

Few missions into the game, and absolutely loving it so far! :D

I've said it in another thread and I'm going to say it again: I hate you :P.

How long are the missions so far on average?

I've not been in any rush to finish them, so they were taking me around the 20-25 minute mark, and I'm only a few in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,820 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Picked this up today for under £30 with loyalty card in Smyths in Derry.

I've not been in any rush to finish them, so they were taking me around the 20-25 minute mark, and I'm only a few in.

Sounds like you are faster than me anyway!

For those on the fence as to whether to buy or not, the reviews earlier in the thread are on the ball for me, I am finding the controls a bit awkward tho.

Very impressed and a really high standard Nintendo game for me

Visually impressive game. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm finding it slightly repetitive myself, though finding the various gems/boo's are quite rewarding.

Controls are slightly irritating at times when you're trying to suck up various things and trying to aim the nozzle in a chosen direction.

Other than that, I really like it. I'm just glad that my 3DS is finally getting some use out of me. I even had to charge the thing twice during one session. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

how do you use the special compass in luigi mansion2

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I haven't got there yet, but check here (2nd paragraph) and see if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    how do you use the special compass in luigi mansion2

At the starting area, (outside the clockworks building) head right and you should see a small square of sand. Theres a small metal thingy sticking out of the top of it, interact with that.

Advertisement