Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Swim Log Comment thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Just looked at last years swim log same time of date as today...I had some mileage done then compared to this years log....

Total. Pool. OW
    1 mad m 409.05 359.45 49.6

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

2old4dacold 283 - 253.2 - 29.8

I am 60k ahead of where I was last year .... and I have 3 times as much OW done this year

2old4dacold 283 - 253.2 - 29.8

I was >100k behind where I am this year .... and I have 3 times as much OW done this year

Well done.

Your back in the land of the living after the 10k....how's the shoulders...

shoulders starting to come right, crippled with back pain ....
    was hoping to break 30 for the first time in Kinsale next week but not looking likely now.
    hopefully a bit of swimming will stretch it out

shoulders starting to come right, crippled with back pain ....
    was hoping to break 30 for the first time in Kinsale next week but not looking likely now.
    hopefully a bit of swimming will stretch it out

Love Kinsale. But sick I will miss it this year. A group of us have gone down for the last 3years, but Dun Laoghaire Harbour swim is on the 8th so we won't go.

• Advertisement

yeah I was actually considering Dun Laoghire myself this year. one more swim would have qualified me.
    pity that more swims down here don't count. will have to get them in one of these years as I really want to do the Liffey some time

:o more poor maths from me on the table over the last couple of days but straightened out now

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

How about some predictions for The Harbour tomorrow. I was way out on the Liffey and took me eye off Aaron who nearly did off 5:45. For tomorrow ill throw out a few names
    Keith fay, Tony Cruise, Phillip Mooney Tony o brien sorta stood out on the handicap list for me anyway

Agree with Tony O Brien prediction, he hasn't swam much this summer but always does well in these type of races. If Ger Carthy gets a good line he may do it. But my money is on Brian Nolan or Gerry Claffey.

Actually Philip Mooney off 6mins has a very good chance.

Brian Nolan won Dun Laoghaire harbour swim...I win...what do I get:)

• Advertisement

WOOOO HOOOO!

mad m wrote: »
    WOOOO HOOOO!
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Managed to sneak in a couple of non-wetsuit OW 500s over the weekend. Thought I was done with the sea until next year. Lovely!

Got in a dip in the sea Saturday morning and the temperature is still grand, not cold at all.

This morning I broke through last year's Swim Log total for the year. It looks like I could go close to a 10km/week average if I can keep it up until the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Half a million metres - well done Okane1 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

Finelli wrote: »
    Half a million metres

Well done - no mean feat, OKane1

Yup, well done Okane.....

swine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Cheers all. Need to push on now!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Congrats Okane! :)

I'm well down in the log but I don't mind as I'm only using it to keep a log of my own swims since last May - 22 km and counting...:D

Over in Saudi for two weeks for work. Swam in the hotel pool today and after it, I don't think I'll be back! The amount of chlorine was unreal. You couldn't see what was in front of you. Managed to hit the wall twice. Plus been an outdoor pool, the shore wind makes the water very "un-happy". I will miss the water :mad:

• Advertisement

okane1 wrote: »
    Over in Saudi for two weeks for work. Swam in the hotel pool today and after it, I don't think I'll be back! The amount of chlorine was unreal. You couldn't see what was in front of you. Managed to hit the wall twice. Plus been an outdoor pool, the shore wind makes the water very "un-happy". I will miss the water :mad:

Stay there until Christmas, give the rest of us a chance to catch you ....

Sure why not! The pork and alcohol is to die for out here :rolleyes:

Haha brilliant....maybe you could join him also 2old4dacold...:D

okane1 wrote: »
    Sure why not! The pork and alcohol is to die for out here :rolleyes:

Loads of SANDwiches out there....

Ok I'll get my coat....

I don't know about ye, but 'tis pure junk yardage for me now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Reached my 200Km 2013 target this evening.

Busy for the rest of the week (and TCD pool closed until 2nd January anyway) so I'm taking a break until the new year.

See you all in the 2014 swim log thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

Hey 2old4dacold - congrats on making half a million metres!

Did'nt get there meself - I didn't make it to the pool much in the last few weeks

Roll on 2014!

18/33 broke through the 100km barrier, a great year for the swimming boardsies

Advertisement