Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Swim Log Comment thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

Well done on both counts - both of you.

- How come your success's are mainly outside the Cork area!!?? :rolleyes:

I always swim better outside of Cork!! Something in the Cork water slows me down :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭YouWantWhat

okane1 wrote: »
    I always swim better outside of Cork!! Something in the Cork water slows me down :rolleyes:

Cork swimmers I expect !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I swam for the first time in three months yesterday. I did a slow set and mixed it up only going 2200m, but it felt great.

I then celebrated by going out to my local and watching the Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

water temps gone right back in these parts

water temps gone right back in these parts

Fenit in Kerry was 13C on Wednesday, wasn't too bad for a short and fast swim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Was a bit choppy in bull wall today and some head wind. Nice water though which was great for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

Ocisorrenta 25k sea :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

Www.thebigblueswim.com

The Ks were not all in one go.
    Second time going and it gets better and better. Highly recommended.

Www.thebigblueswim.com

The Ks were not all in one go.
    Second time going and it gets better and better. Highly recommended.

How much overall did it set you back...

mad m wrote: »
    How much overall did it set you back...

Including food, lots of drink and flights it was around €1200 for the week flying from Dublin to Gatwick then on to Preveza. I also did a mountain bike spin.

• Advertisement

Including food, lots of drink and flights it was around €1200 for the week flying from Dublin to Gatwick then on to Preveza. I also did a mountain bike spin.

Thanks for that, may look into it next year. Sorry one more Q. How was the instruction you got like correcting your stoke etc...

Thanks for that, may look into it next year. Sorry one more Q. How was the instruction you got like correcting your stoke etc...

The swim analysis is done via under water filming and there are two highly skilled swim coaches.
    It's not meant to be a training week, but the guides, some world ranked masters swimmers, are more than willing to answer as many questions as you can throw at them throughout the whole week, with the first day swim analysis reviewed in depth and key points to work on highlighted.
    In short, excellent. There are three speed groups too - roughly 3.5-4kph+, 2.5-3.5kph and everything else.

Lovely swim in Muckross lake this evening in the glorious sun. Water temp 20C, could have spent all day in the water! The temp will be increasing all week, will be back in again on Wednesday.

After being out of the water for three months, I was able to swim 5/7 days this past week. It feels great to be back at it again.

Mate of mine, just got his cap for distance week down in Sandycove cork...wow!

Some evening in Muckross lake. A warm 25.4 degrees. Unreal for swimming.
    First time I've such numbers enjoying the water. Long may it last.

WP_20130710_001_zpsc68f593e.jpg

34504 since getting back in the water in the beginning of July. It's been a bit of a battle to squeeze it in, but I couldn't be happier.

Just back after a 3wk holiday. Time to get back in the pool/OW and hopefully I won't have forgotten to swim :eek:

Ok,

Just seen some of the handicaps, going to stick my neck out here and say the only one that sticks out for me that has a great chance to win or get very close to it is......

Eamonn Cosgrove of Sandycove SC.....

Anyone else any predictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

Cian connaughton hat 177. @ 5:15 if the flow is anyway against us which I think it will be

• Advertisement

Cian connaughton hat 177. @ 5:15 if the flow is anyway against us which I think it will be

I think swimmers like above who only do the minimum to qualify should be hit with higher handicaps.

Looking to organise a trip for the club next year jess.

Simon Murray? What did he get?

I think swimmers like above who only do the minimum to qualify should be hit with higher handicaps.

There are dozens and dozens like him who only do a few swims. So what?
    You must have got a ****e handicap :)

Yeah which is why I said they should have a higher handicap. Sure you are faster than Cian and only 30 seconds behind him....hmmmm, I'll think I'll change my prediction especially if flow is against.......

Black number coming out for Saturday? Ha!

In fact of the 460 individual male swimmers who swam this year so far a massive 280 approx have only done four races or less. It wouldn't make much of a Liffey swim if you were to handicap wll these out of the race.

In fact of the 460 individual male swimmers who swam this year so far a massive 280 approx have only done four races or less. It wouldn't make much of a Liffey swim if you were to handicap wll these out of the race.

Granted but at least it would be a fairer playing field...jaysus they are some stats all the same....

Granted but at least it would be a fairer playing field...jaysus they are some stats all the same....

Yeah caught me by surprise too. You just go knout every week and you think everyone else does too. But it's a big Committment to do all the swims

• Advertisement

Looking to organise a trip for the club next year jess.

Cool! ;) The official dates just went up. Should email Lisa Stansbie <info@thebigblueswim.com>.

Advertisement